PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone. New to forum. Here to learn about the Y62.

muzza01
26th August 2017, 05:16 PM
G'day members,

Firstly, thank you for letting me join your forum. (Hoping you won't cancel my registration when finding out I own a Landcruiser).

Long time Landcruiser owner looking to research the Y62 Patrol. I currently have a 2003 105 Landcruiser that I have owned for nearly 9 years. It is a diesel that I have turboed as well as quite a few other mods. Previously owned a 75 series Troopcarrier for 10 years that was also fairly modified. I enjoy having a wheel although don't do as much of the extreme stuff that I did when I was younger. I also have a camper trailer and enjoy the outdoors.

I am more of a researcher and keep my 4bs for a fair amount of time type of person. Looking to replace the 105 series in a year or two and have eliminated quite a few 4wds from my list. I don't want a Prado, 3.0 litre Patrol, 76 series Landcruiser or any Utes. My list is now down to Landcruiser 200 either petrol or diesel and the Y62.

My work car is a TD 200 and it is a joy to drive but so expensive to buy. I have read a lot of good things about the Y62 but nothing bad. I know all vehicles have problems and I am interested to learn from members here all about the Y62. There are never any seconfpd hand Y62s for sale here in Cairns and I am desperate to take one for a drive.

Anyways, that is my intro, looking forward to having a chat with you guys and learning a few things.

Cheers Muz

AB
26th August 2017, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
26th August 2017, 05:42 PM
Welcome aboard mate!
One of our mechanical gurus on here has just recently upgraded from his beloved TD42Ti self built weapon to a Y62 and loves it. I'm sure he did his research well and wouldn't have done it if it wasn't a true upgrade for his new needs also.

GQtdauto
26th August 2017, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the dark side .

Dhuck
27th August 2017, 09:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate