PDA

View Full Version : Auto transmission flush

AVAGOMATE
24th August 2017, 03:50 PM
G'Day all

Looking to flush my ATF at home i have a 99 GU 4.5lt Petrol, looking for any one who has done this, or any advice would be great,
I have a general idea ie drain, drop pan and filter, clean , refit top up, not 100% sure what line to dissconect to pump out old fluid
even if you could direct mt to a good you tube clip or what ever that deals with GU 4.5 petrol that would be awesome!!

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Cheers,

Sean :)

Mike02Ti
24th August 2017, 04:14 PM
Hey Sean if you want to diy you will need to pull off the trans cooler return line.
Cant help you with what one that is sorry as mines a tb48 not the 45.
Basically drop the filter and do the filter change. Top box up with fluid. Run the return line from the cooler into a bucket with a clamp. Start the engine and let it run out for a few seconds. Then throw some new fluid in and keep doing it. Dont forget though to cycle through each gear. The guy doesnt do it in this vid but its good practice to do so all the little channels in the box get new fluid pushed through

https://youtu.be/tvYczBfLmdc

This is only one of many vids on youtube about it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

AVAGOMATE
24th August 2017, 04:37 PM
Hi Mike02Ti,
Thanks for your reply just got back from the vid you pointed out makes things a lot clearer
might try to download the nissan manual that should tell me the location of the correct line (i hope!!)

cheers mate, much apricated