PDA

View Full Version : Been Lurking Long Enough

Foto Zero
17th August 2017, 10:39 PM
Hey Guys, time to introduce myself, I've been lurking a few months while I get my sh*t sorted.

Anyways' my name's Steve I'm 43 and I'm a Virgo. I like long drives through the mud, camping and getting on the piss. :icon_victory:

Had a very short but rough history with GQ's. Bought our first in November 2016 and after a short time and much money changing hands for repairs not done we found out she was rooted. So we found a great shell to rebuild and before we could get started our second car coughed farted and shat itself.

With no car what-so-ever the family was left with a choice, buy a sh*tter to get us around while we rebuilt our Q or buy another one... choice was obvious!!! So we're currently on GQ #3.

Now we're currently stripping the first one, cleaning the second and doing running repairs on the third. Hopefully in the next few months our shell will start the long process of a ground up rebuild as a tourer. And although I have a bit of old rebuilding knowledge (old Holdens & Valiants 20+ years ago) I'm pretty new to the Nissan camp and 4wheeling in general. So I'll try not to bug everyone with stupid questions... but it's bound to happen so just let me know if I get annoying ;-)

GQtdauto
17th August 2017, 10:48 PM
Welcome aboard mate , great intro and I hope it all goes ok , heaps of info here and we love questions .

Dhuck
18th August 2017, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
18th August 2017, 07:02 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

growler2058
18th August 2017, 07:05 PM
G'day Steve, welcome to the forum mate

Foto Zero
18th August 2017, 11:47 PM
Thanks Guys

Mc4by
19th August 2017, 12:08 AM
Welcome aboard Steve. Great name btw. :)

4bye4
23rd August 2017, 02:50 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

MB
25th August 2017, 06:50 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

AVAGOMATE
25th August 2017, 10:46 PM
Hi Steve,
got to say love the persistence, its got a Churchill thing about it (fight them on the beaches type of thing) i am equally impressed with your ability to keep on task and go a third one (have to insert LEGEND! here)
there is no point in a pep talk cos you are all over this like a rash!

Truthfully.... this is the attitude that builds a country, can not wait for pics of the build, best to your family and feel free to pm me

On ya Mate!!