PDA

View Full Version : Another Intro...Hi!

Matt76
2nd May 2011, 09:03 PM
Hi all,

I came across this site while researching patrols. I currently drive an 08 D40 Navara and am looking at getting rid of it sometime between now and the end of the year probably, with the aim of getting another vehicle that is an auto, gets my 2 tonne boat off the line and up the ramp without the need for low range (Those D40's have fantastic power for a diesel but really suffer down low with a load on) The patrol seems to fit the bill perfectly from what I have seen so far.

I looked at Prado's aswell, they seem light years ahead in refinement and inclusions, but are way too fancy for me, and bloody expensive aswell. The vehicle will be a company purchase so buying new makes more financial sense than late model second hand. The fuel consumption of the patrols is of concern, aswell as the lack of safety inclusions like side airbags etc. I never gave that stuff a second thought until we had in the the last 2 of the missus cars and it is real piece of mind for the kids.

Anyway, I think I am on the right track here for info, I look forward to reading more.

Cheers
Matt

AB
2nd May 2011, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt, yes mate the Patrol is ideal for that use so feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Bigrig
2nd May 2011, 09:05 PM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. Great people, information and laughs on the forum, so don't be shy and join in to make the most of it. Enjoy!!

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 09:08 PM
welcome aboard mate enjoy your stay
your sure to find every thing you need to know on here

Dhuck
2nd May 2011, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

YNOT
2nd May 2011, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt.

Tony

DX grunt
2nd May 2011, 09:12 PM
G'day Matt

Welcome to the forum.

By Xmas, you'll have 10 of the fittest blokes in brizzy to push your truck and boat up the ramp with one finger. lol

Enjoy and feel welcome.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 09:12 PM
Gday Matt welcome aboard mate theyre a good friendly mob here full of useful info and advice

Bob
2nd May 2011, 09:15 PM
Welcome matt join in the conversations and enjoy the ride

big_fletch
2nd May 2011, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

Matt76
2nd May 2011, 09:44 PM
Geez thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Finly Owner
3rd May 2011, 01:01 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Matt

Tim

Clunk
3rd May 2011, 01:05 AM
g'day mate, welcome aboard and enjoy your stay

nowoolies
3rd May 2011, 01:09 AM
g`day Matt
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

timbar
3rd May 2011, 02:19 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME
Once u go Patrol you will never look back
Tim

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:18 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Maxhead
3rd May 2011, 07:00 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Matt76
18th May 2011, 09:18 PM
Well I made the move and signed up for a new patrol ST auto today. I'm looking forward to it. Now for the wait which always seems like an eternity haha.

AB
18th May 2011, 09:27 PM
Well I made the move and signed up for a new patrol ST auto today. I'm looking forward to it. Now for the wait which always seems like an eternity haha.

Good work mate and congrats on the right choice...lol...Don't forget to put up a members ride thread when the new beast arrives in the driveway...Happy days!!!

Dark 1
18th May 2011, 09:32 PM
Welcome mate have a poke around & join in when your ready.

GUtsy ute
18th May 2011, 09:35 PM
G'day Matt,
Congrats on the purchase and enjoy driving it.
Any info you might need on mods or anything for that matter, can be found on here
just by asking or searching.

As said before, put up some pics of the beast whenyou get it!!

Cheers Gavin

Matt76
18th May 2011, 09:48 PM
The first mod will definately be a good dual battery setup to run my fridge, I leave it in my D40 all the time and wouldn't be without it now.

I will also have to get my UHF and VMS GPS hooked up, and then look into rust proofing. I got the electronic previously but only had the car a couple of years so cant really say how well it worked.

Do the patrols need heavier underbody guards like the navara's do?

And why on earth do they not come with dual batteries?

Matt76
26th May 2011, 09:01 PM
4 more days till I get it, god this is dragging on! Haha

wildgu6
26th May 2011, 10:43 PM
Hey Matt, Welcome aboard buddy,
Great bunch of people here with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and dont be shy, and you will find out all you need about Trols

stay safe & Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
28th May 2011, 12:57 PM
Better late than never :)

Welcome 2 the Matt,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 help out where needed.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd