PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Rock Sports Supercrawl

VK2FMIA
4th August 2017, 10:31 AM
Thought a few members might be interested in this event at Wellington, NSW 12 - 13 August. http://www.ultimaterocksports.com.au/

Plasnart
4th August 2017, 10:54 AM
If you've never been to one of these events, get there! Technical driving at its best IMO. Went to one a few years ago thinking meh I'll have a look I suppose.... and was totally blown away!!

VK2FMIA
4th August 2017, 11:01 AM
If you've never been to one of these events, get there! Technical driving at its best IMO. Went to one a few years ago thinking meh I'll have a look I suppose.... and was totally blown away!!

Been to a few Winch challenges which I enjoyed, this looks pretty interesting. Only a couple of hours drive from home. Trying to round up a few mates to go.

Plasnart
4th August 2017, 12:20 PM
Yeah totally different to winch challenges though. Not so much grunt oriented as vehicle setup and technique. Those buggies have independently controllable suspension to lift/lower each corner and have rear axle drive/front axle drive/both axle drive gearboxes, and the drivers change drive axle often depending on which part of sn obstacle theyre negotiating. Fascinating stuff.