PDA

View Full Version : Nissannewby Y62see

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2017, 08:24 PM
So some time in the recent past ol' Mate Mr nissannewby went shopping for a car for his growing family with his better half Sharee..

The obvious was a GUIV with a TD42Ti but they still ask big money for them pushing 250,000km+.

Looking for a long term Keeper with All the Bells and All the Balls. He came home with a 2013 Y62TL in gunmetal silver.

Lucky lucky lucky bastard!

He reckons He posted it in the what did you do to your patrol thread but I can't even find the thread!

Huge congrats to you mate. Nice bit of kit. May it serve you and your family well for the next 20 years.

Pics we need pics!!

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2017, 08:26 PM
Am I the only one that missed this news? I reckon he did a sneaky. Can't wait for a spin in it

MB
26th July 2017, 08:34 PM
Am I the only one that missed this news? I reckon he did a sneaky. Can't wait for a spin in it
One hell of a Moderator you are Daz :-(
Mat and family have already posted/booked Licola snow trip next year, specifically your cabin taken :-)

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2017, 08:49 PM
One hell of a Moderator you are Daz :-(
Mat and family have already posted/booked Licola snow trip next year, specifically your cabin taken :-)

You know he snores and is addicted to fruit loops!!! And has a 5.6l V8 that he can legally fit 35s under.

MB
26th July 2017, 08:52 PM
Is that fair dinkum? The Y62 tyres I mean?

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2017, 08:54 PM
Is that fair dinkum? The Y62 tyres I mean?

Yes.......

Rossco
26th July 2017, 09:05 PM
Am I the only one that missed this news? I reckon he did a sneaky. Can't wait for a spin in itYeah i reckon. . . Must have been the new phone [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

nissannewby
26th July 2017, 09:16 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8424-What-did-you-do-to-your-Patrol-today!/page779

Post #7782. I am the most recent poster in the thread....

TPC
26th July 2017, 09:19 PM

I think everybody else on the forum did already know and has congratulated him. Where have you been?

Hodge
26th July 2017, 09:43 PM
Congrats Mat. Very nice ride those are.
I drove one a few months ago and have not giggled with as much excitement ,since I got my first nintendo way back in the 90s !

nissannewby
26th July 2017, 09:48 PM

I will try to get some pics of it this weekend if we can get up the beach.

Winnie
26th July 2017, 09:53 PM
Struggling to keep up Daz?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2017, 10:08 PM
Yeah i reckon. . . Must have been the new phone [emoji6]

True bloody story right there!!!

UncleFrosty
27th July 2017, 11:49 AM
So, how long before the EFR7064 gets unpacked and bolted on nissannewby???

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2017, 02:07 PM
I will try to get some pics of it this weekend if we can get up the beach.

Look forward to it mate. This could be your Build Thread mate!!! Watch This Space!!! You should embed that Vid you sent me.

Winnie
28th July 2017, 09:33 AM
Nek minnit
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/302.jpg

I think this actually looks awesome, but I don't like that tray.

Rossco
28th July 2017, 12:06 PM
Ow wow that is pretty cool. Yeah don't like the tray much either. . Someones got tooo much money . . .

Winnie
28th July 2017, 01:31 PM
Ow wow that is pretty cool. Yeah don't like the tray much either. . Someones got tooo much money . . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using TapatalkI think it would look good if it matched the shape of the car. It's the first pic of one I've seen though and it looks shit hot.
I love the Y62 but it's no GQ.

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 04:36 PM
I hate all chops. And that Y62 one being one of the ugliest.

Winnie
28th July 2017, 05:00 PM
I hate all chops. And that Y62 one being one of the ugliest.I think they look cool, but seriously impractical! Most of the time they cut the back off and then spend stupid amounts of money trying to make a canopy waterproof, why not keep it as a wagon? Lol.

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 05:31 PM
Yep so impractical. There is another one getting a chop, chassis extension and a duramax. This I found insanely silly. The 5.6 is a much nicer engine than a duramax then there is all the money they are spending. It would have been 1000 times more logical to buy a yank tank which already has all of that stuff.

Rossco
28th July 2017, 06:40 PM

Yeah bloody oath, especially a golden horse GQ [emoji6]. . .

Yep so impractical. There is another one getting a chop, chassis extension and a duramax. This I found insanely silly. The 5.6 is a much nicer engine than a duramax then there is all the money they are spending. It would have been 1000 times more logical to buy a yank tank which already has all of that stuff.

Yep, some people have waaaaaaaay too much money . . .

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 06:45 PM
The woman gave it a wash today. 72645

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 06:45 PM
I think it would look good if it matched the shape of the car. It's the first pic of one I've seen though and it looks shit hot.

Have one for a week and see if you still want to go back to the GQ :p

The braking ability alone is insane like hsv/fpv insane.

Rossco
28th July 2017, 06:47 PM
Needs sum dirt on it . . . & a bit of bush pin striping . . . [emoji6]

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 06:57 PM
Needs sum dirt on it . . . & a bit of bush pin striping . . . [emoji6]

Ill come with you when you pin stripe yours :p lol

Rossco
28th July 2017, 07:01 PM
Ill come with you when you pin stripe yours [emoji14] lolYeah its gonna happen [emoji20] Bring the 62 and we can share the pain [emoji6] . . .

Winnie
28th July 2017, 07:01 PM
Have one for a week and see if you still want to go back to the GQ [emoji14]

The braking ability alone is insane like hsv/fpv insane.Ultimate family car man!

Hodge
28th July 2017, 08:27 PM
So what are these things actually like off-road in terms of suspension and handling? Compared to a Y61 for example.
From what I have seen, there isn't a heck of a lot of clearance underneath, compared to a stock Y61.

Hodge
28th July 2017, 08:29 PM
The woman gave it a wash today. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72645&stc=1

Ah you've given away the secret there mate. lol So thats HER car and yours is the red Mazda in the reflection?

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 08:47 PM
So what are these things actually like off-road in terms of suspension and handling? Compared to a Y61 for example.
From what I have seen, there isn't a heck of a lot of clearance underneath, compared to a stock Y61.

Theres actually more clearance under this than a 2" lifted Gq

nissannewby
28th July 2017, 09:02 PM
Ah you've given away the secret there mate. lol So thats HER car and yours is the red Mazda in the reflection?

The red mazda is being advertised this week. I dont have a vehicle. This is suppose to be "ours"

Winnie
28th July 2017, 09:26 PM
The red mazda is being advertised this week. I dont have a vehicle. This is suppose to be "ours"Good on ya mate, keep letting her think that ;)

AB
28th July 2017, 09:35 PM
I dont have a vehicle. This is suppose to be "ours"

These two sentences concerns me Matty lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
28th July 2017, 11:27 PM
Can I have the motor for my old trol please Matty? You can keep the rest. lol

nissannewby
1st August 2017, 05:57 PM
Can I have the motor for my old trol please Matty? You can keep the rest. lol

Maybe once I'm bored with it which might be a while as it may get boosted later in its life.

Maxhead
1st August 2017, 06:32 PM
Maybe once I'm bored with it which might be a while as it may get boosted later in its life.

I reckon it will be modes 5 minutes after you get it...lol
We all know you can't help yourself

................on the road

nissannewby
1st August 2017, 07:14 PM
I reckon it will be modes 5 minutes after you get it...lol
We all know you can't help yourself

................on the road

Yeah yeah lol. There is a little more to consider with boosting a petrol whether it be supercharging or turbo charging. Very simple with diesel.

It is getting some tyre first which will hopefully be this friday. Trying the new yokohama go15 all terrains. Get a good wrap on the y62 facebook page and are a good price.

TPC
1st August 2017, 07:43 PM
Yeah yeah lol. There is a little more to consider with boosting a petrol whether it be supercharging or turbo charging. Very simple with diesel.

It is getting some tyre first which will hopefully be this friday. Trying the new yokohama go15 all terrains. Get a good wrap on the y62 facebook page and are a good price.

Getting a good wrap on the Y62 page might mean they are really good road tyres as a lot of Y62 owners would not want to go off road and scratch their pride and joy. :tease:

MudRunnerTD
1st August 2017, 07:44 PM
The red mazda is being advertised this week. I dont have a vehicle. This is suppose to be "ours"

She said Yes to a Borg Warner or a Super Charger. Sharee is keen mate. go for it. ;)

There is a couple of guys in Geelong with Y62s and have gone the Super Charger and are very happy.

nissannewby
1st August 2017, 07:48 PM
Yeah. They have a pretty good pattern. The president of the oz y62 club did a trip with them and had good things to say about them in varying conditions. It was either them or coopers. I did have my mind set on bfg ko2 but they are 460ea. So with the reviews and the money saving thought I would give the yokohamas a go. They seem to have an alright tread pattern and they seem to have a good warranty deal that doesnt seem unrealistic. And yes I know for the most part tyre warranties arent worth a thing. I hope I dont have to use it anyway.

nissannewby
1st August 2017, 07:52 PM
She said Yes to a Borg Warner or a Super Charger. Sharee is keen mate. go for it. ;)

There is a couple of guys in Geelong with Y62s and have gone the Super Charger and are very happy.

Yeah Andrew Cassar at On Trak 4x4 down there is fairly involved in the y62 scene and also has a supercharged 62. Its still 10k though. The supercharger is probably the easiest route in australia but if I always went the easy option you wouldnt have the performance from an out of the box turbo like you do :p.

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2017, 10:26 PM
bigguwesty

BigRAWesty
7th August 2017, 10:32 PM
bigguwestyOnto it mate.
Cheers though.
Talking super chargers already.
Fk yea.
Being it on.
Im trying to get nissa on board..

nissannewby
7th August 2017, 11:16 PM
Onto it mate.
Cheers though.
Talking super chargers already.
Fk yea.
Being it on.
Im trying to get nissa on board..

I want to turbo it and have a perfect candidate in the shed that came off my ute. Would make a very responsive 400rwhp.

BigRAWesty
7th August 2017, 11:18 PM
I want to turbo it and have a perfect candidate in the shed that came off my ute. Would make a very responsive 400rwhp.Weeeelllllllll.
Get a move on young chap..

nissannewby
7th August 2017, 11:18 PM
So as mentioned in another thread the big girl got some new rubber today. We went for the Yokohama GO15 All Terrain. Just in the standard size at 265/70/18. I will grab some pics in the light tomorrow and throw them up. Very nice tread pattern with lots of depth. Got all 4 fitted and balanced for $600 ;p

BigRAWesty
8th August 2017, 07:45 AM
So as mentioned in another thread the big girl got some new rubber today. We went for the Yokohama GO15 All Terrain. Just in the standard size at 265/70/18. I will grab some pics in the light tomorrow and throw them up. Very nice tread pattern with lots of depth. Got all 4 fitted and balanced for $600 ;pWow thats crazy cheap.
Nice one.

nissannewby
8th August 2017, 08:27 AM
Not very interesting but here they are. 5c in tread to show depth.

nissannewby
8th August 2017, 08:27 AM
Wow thats crazy cheap.
Nice one.

There is a little more to it lol.

BigRAWesty
8th August 2017, 08:32 AM
There is a little more to it lol.Traded old tyres in??
Still.
Tyre sales has them at 180 each i think which is pretty good.
Very similar design to the bridgstone dueler..
If they last like the bridgies then its a good thing

nissannewby
8th August 2017, 09:47 AM
Nuh. The dealer who we bought it off sold it to us with unroadworthy tyres on the front. I wanted them to pay for a full set but they have us $800 towards a set so worked out ok in the end.

Touses
8th August 2017, 10:02 AM
Heya Matt, don't forget I owe you a big favour, so anytime you need someone to look after the beastie for a year or two i'm here for ya!!!:driving2:

nissannewby
8th August 2017, 05:55 PM
Dragging the arena getting her dusty.

Rossco
8th August 2017, 06:59 PM
Nice tractor [emoji6]

MB
8th August 2017, 07:39 PM
Top work Mat mate! I'd best be keeping your cool pics for now away from Mrs MB. A Y62 & Ripper Arena would be her dream too! Let's compare one day feed loss rates in our trucks crevices, I bet ya her Y61 can fit more kg :-)

nissannewby
8th August 2017, 08:02 PM
Top work Mat mate! I'd best be keeping your cool pics for now away from Mrs MB. A Y62 & Ripper Arena would be her dream too! Let's compare one day feed loss rates in our trucks crevices, I bet ya her Y61 can fit more kg :-)

Im not allowing feed in this one. The old mazda got used as a paddock hack and had hay all through it. We have some mods in mind for the horse float so we can hopefully leave it all packed and sealed up and its just a matter off loading the gg's.

MB
8th August 2017, 08:11 PM
Nice work, stay strong brother, such a ripper truck to keep that way ;-) ! Just watch out for the old sneaky "I'll grab a bag o chaff on the way home with kids" :-) Love em all ;-)

nissannewby
8th August 2017, 08:21 PM
Nice work, stay strong brother, such a ripper truck to keep that way ;-) ! Just watch out for the old sneaky "I'll grab a bag o chaff on the way home with kids" :-) Love em all ;-)

No chaff here :P . We buy our hay in bulk at usually between $8-10 a bale for prime and just shed it at home. Usually get 60 or more bales at a time. 2 of the horses that get use then get pellets and copra. Sharee use to cut her own chaff but sold the chaff cutter last year as it didnt get any use anymore.

MB
8th August 2017, 08:36 PM
Inspirational stuff you two, team effort :-) !
Our Y61 max's out hauling the beast steel flatbead trailer with only 2x 5/4 good heavy rounds through our hills. Reckon your Y62 weapon could fully handle its 4x 5/4s trailer capabilities ;-)

Hodge
8th August 2017, 09:13 PM
I love the rego too mate. Who dares to try and take on the devil.

Touses
9th August 2017, 08:34 AM
No chaff here :P . We buy our hay in bulk at usually between $8-10 a bale for prime and just shed it at home. Usually get 60 or more bales at a time. 2 of the horses that get use then get pellets and copra. Sharee use to cut her own chaff but sold the chaff cutter last year as it didnt get any use anymore.

Heya mate! The cane cocky next door also does a bit of barley hay, round bales. If you're up for it I can price it ex farm gate and happy to deliver it on the crane tuck on one of our Brisvegas trips.
Let me know if you're keen.

nissannewby
21st August 2017, 06:50 PM
Heya mate! The cane cocky next door also does a bit of barley hay, round bales. If you're up for it I can price it ex farm gate and happy to deliver it on the crane tuck on one of our Brisvegas trips.
Let me know if you're keen.

Sorry about the delay mate. We havent fed barley for a while but I will mention it to the woman.

nissannewby
21st August 2017, 06:52 PM
Out with the gg's on the weekend.

Touses
22nd August 2017, 08:22 AM
Sorry about the delay mate. We havent fed barley for a while but I will mention it to the woman.

No wuckers brother. He does peanut hay from time to time as well, no idea if it's any good for the gee gees.

Ben-e-boy
28th August 2017, 01:33 PM
This thread is useless without skids!

nissannewby
29th August 2017, 05:54 PM
Someone is trying a group buy on the harrop supercharger kits for these will be interesting to see if there is any buying power.

MB
30th August 2017, 04:08 PM
Very cool indeed Mat!

https://youtu.be/Nogtmp_1lfY

https://youtu.be/_rAHnwWfsaY

TPC
30th August 2017, 05:44 PM
Someone is trying a group buy on the harrop supercharger kits for these will be interesting to see if there is any buying power.

You could trade one of those horses you tow around for an extra 70 horses under the bonnet.

nissannewby
31st August 2017, 08:40 PM
You could trade one of those horses you tow around for an extra 70 horses under the bonnet.

Lucky the mrs doesnt come on here much lol....

MB
7th September 2017, 12:23 AM
Far out Mat mate, just took some uneducated time to study Harrop's video properly. That 2300cc bolt on jobbie apparently transformed a stock drive in 230kW / 454 Nm beast into a 353kW / 638Nm Hub Monster :-) According to my late night iphone calculator that's a whopping 50%+ extra Wasps & 40% + extra Oomph!! You gotta save up for that mod mate, absolute ripper :-)

MB
7th September 2017, 12:55 AM
Still slowly learning here mate :-) Google & Harrop sites are now confusing me :-( Screenshot from the Harrop video:
"Large Intercooler Core" mentioned/written. Would that be a so called "Air 2 Air" (Intercooler) or an "Air 2 Water" (Aftercooler) squeezed under them wicked Eaton screws their site says:
https://www.harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/superchargers

nissannewby
7th September 2017, 10:06 PM
Nearly had a new ss tonight from the lights. Big girl surprised me and I would guess the driver of the ss was a little surprised as well.

bjrow
9th September 2017, 08:10 AM
Sounds like you're enjoying the big girl, bet you've got the stupid grin from ear to ear when you hop in it each time.
I have occasional fun with Rangers and Prados, the look as you blow them away is priceless.....
I like the supercharger idea, just not convinced I wont stack the whole thing as 2.7T trying to go around corners is a bit of a liability in its current form.
Will wait n see.....
Cheers BruceR

Hodge
9th September 2017, 11:18 AM
My work is next to Dale Peterson performance. And they have a huge Harrop logo on the front. Lately there has been a few 62s parked there ... I wonder if they're getting those chargers bolted on... Been meaning to walk in and see what's up.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

nissannewby
17th September 2017, 09:19 PM
Filled the big girl up today. Best economy so far including a trip out with the gg's yesterday. This tank came back at 16.8L/100.

nissannewby
24th September 2017, 09:48 PM
Finally made it up the beach. So good, so easy just effortless. Autos are and always have been awesome for beach work.

nissannewby
24th September 2017, 09:52 PM
And then a tub to get all the sand off.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2017, 11:54 PM
Look at you go...... Love'n every minute. Shame Sharee won't let you drive it..... :p

nissannewby
26th September 2017, 07:45 PM
Look at you go...... Love'n every minute. Shame Sharee won't let you drive it..... :p

It was a boys weekend. So just me, myself and I. Was nice and peaceful.

kevin07
26th November 2017, 08:36 PM
don't go for a spin in it. it its a trap you will have to own one

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 06:09 PM
Few minor updates. Not much to report other than just enjoying the big girl. Got Sharee a nice birthday present

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 06:12 PM
Also had a minor problem. An 02 sensor decided to give up the ghost. I thought surely an 02 sensor from Nissan over here wouldnt be to expensive. After picking myself up off the floor aftwr being told they want $340 for one I quickly got on my favourite parts site , partsouq.com, and had 2 sensors delivered to my door for $180au.

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 06:15 PM
Also this weekend Sharee did a run out to Dalby. This was a 450km round trip including going up toowoomba range. The big girl returned 19.3/ 100 fuel usage. Very reasonable in my eyes for a big bus with a v8.

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 08:43 PM
I forgot to mention in the above post. The 450km round trip to dalby was towing the horses.

MudRunnerTD
11th March 2018, 08:45 PM
I forgot to mention in the above post. The 450km round trip to dalby was towing the horses.

I was going to ask that actually. Does Sharee let you drive it ever mate?

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 08:47 PM
I was going to ask that actually. Does Sharee let you drive it ever mate?

Yeah i get to drive on thursday nights...

MudRunnerTD
11th March 2018, 09:03 PM
Yeah i get to drive on thursday nights...

the old "Designated Driver" story. The things we do to drive the missus's Y62!!! Bring on Thursday Nights.!!

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 09:31 PM
I got to drive it today as well lol

nissannewby
11th March 2018, 09:40 PM
Im also looking at exhausts and wheels. Still tossing up whether I go a full system with headers or just remove the absolutely massive centre muffler.

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2018, 11:42 AM
I saw a guy list a full set of factory rims on Facebook yesterday for $100 pickup Newcastle. Madness. Needless to say they didn't last long..

AB
12th March 2018, 06:32 PM

Yeah Christ I saw your mileage and thought hmmm that seems excessive lol

That's pretty good towing that kind of weight. My odometer is playing up and haven't recorded it but reckon I would be similar with my td42t towing the 2 tonne van for sure!

Winnie
12th March 2018, 06:41 PM
Yeah Christ I saw your mileage and thought hmmm that seems excessive lol

That's pretty good towing that kind of weight. My odometer is playing up and haven't recorded it but reckon I would be similar with my td42t towing the 2 tonne van for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI thought the same, thought yeah nah mate that's not real good to be honest. But it's impressive towing horses.

gaddy
12th March 2018, 08:10 PM
Also this weekend Sharee did a run out to Dalby. This was a 450km round trip including going up toowoomba range. The big girl returned 19.3/ 100 fuel usage. Very reasonable in my eyes for a big bus with a v8.
Thats pretty good , considering the number of up hill sections even before the range , reckon it's about what i get in the old oiler with the van for the same trip , only i snail with the trucks on the climbs !!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

nissannewby
12th March 2018, 08:57 PM
Thats pretty good , considering the number of up hill sections even before the range , reckon it's about what i get in the old oiler with the van for the same trip , only i snail with the trucks on the climbs !!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah its not to bad really. She tells me that was the speed limit all the way apart from the slow cornering required for horses. The best we have got from it is atound 15.6/100. The worst around 22/200. I have a few little things to change at the next service that will hopefully help. It also needs a trans service and some recall work done.

nissannewby
12th March 2018, 08:59 PM
I saw a guy list a full set of factory rims on Facebook yesterday for $100 pickup Newcastle. Madness. Needless to say they didn't last long..

Nissan have done it again with wheels. We dont seem to have a problem with ours, well not yet anyway. The y62 are having issues with the wheels cracking some within 30,000km from new. So would explain why some are keen to get rid of them and not ask much. I did see a set of 5 with basically new tyres a while back for 800.

MudRunnerTD
12th March 2018, 09:32 PM
Nissan have done it again with wheels. We dont seem to have a problem with ours, well not yet anyway. The y62 are having issues with the wheels cracking some within 30,000km from new. So would explain why some are keen to get rid of them and not ask much. I did see a set of 5 with basically new tyres a while back for 800.

Yeah I have seen the pics. Im.in the Y62 group on Facebook and it seems common.

the evil twin
12th March 2018, 09:49 PM

Put the horses in a float next time... you'll get heaps better economy

nissannewby
8th April 2018, 09:01 PM
Did some more towing over the weekend 2 horses in the horse float. 366km round trip to north of Gympie
Seems fairly consistent as this tank also returned 19.1/100 fuel usage.

nissannewby
28th April 2018, 07:31 PM
Took a muffler out yesterday. Now it sounds like a proper V8 😎

Clunk
29th April 2018, 08:19 PM
Time for a rear end chop?

https://www.4x4australia.com.au/reviews/custom-4x4s/1804/custom-nissan-y62-patrol-dual-cab-ute-review

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/04/227.jpg

nissannewby
29th April 2018, 09:25 PM
Not going to happen. Im really not a fan of chopping any sort of vehicle. You lose a bit chopping the 62, even some of the comfort items that you buy them for in the first place.

Clunk
29th April 2018, 09:31 PM
Not going to happen. Im really not a fan of chopping any sort of vehicle. You lose a bit chopping the 62, even some of the comfort items that you buy them for in the first place.My sentiments exactly..... but in saying that, I do quite like the look

Avo
29th April 2018, 09:59 PM
My sentiments exactly..... but in saying that, I do quite like the look

move on son no one cares

nissannewby
31st May 2018, 05:07 PM
Been playing a little on the honeymoon. This is on cooloola way up near rainbow beach.75438

nissannewby
31st May 2018, 05:15 PM
Another while waiting for the barge early this morning at inskip.

nissannewby
31st May 2018, 05:17 PM
Another once we got pnto fraser island with the sun rising.

nissannewby
31st May 2018, 05:20 PM
Driving over some rock on the beach

AB
31st May 2018, 05:50 PM
Leah hates the look of the Y61 but for some reason doesn't mind the Y62.

Just need to wait until the prices drop down and one day next century it could be the new family tourer!

jff45
1st June 2018, 08:30 AM
I like that number plate..

nissannewby
2nd June 2018, 08:26 PM
Up north of rainbow today at the end of our honeymoon. Back to reality tomorrow.

nissannewby
2nd June 2018, 08:28 PM
Its been a great trip.

nissannewby
2nd June 2018, 08:30 PM
The old girl is still being fairly consistent. We have done about 500km of beach driving since Thursday. The tank of fuel came back at 18.6/100. Pretty good considering it was mostly sand.

nissannewby
2nd June 2018, 08:59 PM

nissannewby
2nd June 2018, 09:05 PM
Also had a crack at rescuing this young bloke who had got himself into a bit of strife. He might think twice about attempting this sort of thing in the future. The snatch strap broke on my second attempt but luckily someone else came along and winched him out.

MB
3rd June 2018, 10:03 PM
Looks a little like Waddy Point IIRC? New beast would surely rooster tail hp/kw that sand Mat mate!

Jackofjr
3rd June 2018, 10:30 PM
I have seen a video of the snatch strap breaking is on FB .

nissannewby
18th June 2018, 08:05 PM
So the big girl is fairly consistent. Another 450km round trip to dalby towing the horses in the float. The tank returned 19.4L/100km. The wife also telling me where she could she was sitting on 110km/h.

AB
18th June 2018, 08:20 PM
So the big girl is fairly consistent. Another 450km round trip to dalby towing the horses in the float. The tan returned 19.4L/100km. The wife also telling me where sje could she was sitting on 110km/h.

My caravan would be similar weight to that and I reckon I'm similar mileage on the td42.

What's the mileage on cruising freeways no towing?

Would love a Y62 for mrs B.

nissannewby
18th June 2018, 09:43 PM
My caravan would be similar weight to that and I reckon I'm similar mileage on the td42.

What's the mileage on cruising freeways no towing?

Would love a Y62 for mrs B.

I havent really done a great deal of consistent highway running to say but the readout says around 10-12/100. When you are cruising on the high the distance til empty does go up to a point and the best I have seen that is around 880km til empty. So if I got 800km to say 110L (trying to realistic) it would be 13.75/100.

It was one of the many reasons I was looking forward to Licola as that would have been a good run to test that.

bjrow
19th June 2018, 10:06 AM
Nice pics out on the sand, very jealous.
We have a series2 and do a few country trips for work, run 98 most of the time and although it gets up and goes I'm pretty soft on the loud pedal. I know it's there and I have nothing to prove to those that "want to have a go".
A recent 5 day stint in Bendigo, then down to Hallam all for work saw a calculated 12.08l/100k. Flew past a couple of semis and folk towing horse floats but that was it. While in Bendigo the commute between the motel and work was 3k's. We have a 3.3ton (when loaded up) caravan that has a 280k towball down load in which we use airbags and a wdh. Travelling to 90mile beach thru back of Healesville and Pakenham onto the freeway I got just under 24l/100k however the wife on the way home when she drove got 29.9l/100k and had the tyres chirping at times (go figure). So depends I guess how they're driven. Done some trips down to Geelong and back for work and 12l/100k seems pretty normal, on the way down the range has climbed to a max of 1025k's but that's all downhill I guess.
A lot of people seem to be concerned with sway etc of their caravans, maybe we've been lucky but I've not experienced anything like that although I did tell myself off when I found myself at an excessive speed without realizing.
Just my 2c from our experience.
Cheers BruceR.

nissannewby
23rd August 2018, 08:23 PM
So the rhino rack turned up today. Ended up getting it for a pretty reasonable price. Went with the open front and rear style with the rails down the long sides. Will get it fitted on the weekend.

Also ordered the full taipan 304 exhaust system which includes extractors. This should be here early next week. Busy few weekends getting all this gear on and sortrd before the woman goes to tamworth.

nissannewby
23rd August 2018, 08:24 PM
AB Can these be put into the build threads?

AB
23rd August 2018, 08:29 PM
Sure, do you want the whole thread in the members rides or specific posts here in different build categories?

Sorry mate, my life is time poor lately so haven't been following this properly.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll make it happen.

Or if a mod wants to help me do this it would be greatly appreciated!!!

nissannewby
23rd August 2018, 08:30 PM
Whole Thread is Fine.

Surprise me and change the title :p

AB
23rd August 2018, 08:48 PM
Lol

nissannewby
23rd August 2018, 08:51 PM
It'll do....

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 09:45 PM
So making some alow progress. Picked this up Saturday morning and went about installing it this weekend. Kind of a forced modification as the catalytic convertors were dying and it was cheaper to buy an aftermarket system than replace the factory items as the cats are actually integrated into the exhaust manifolds.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 09:52 PM
Out with the old....

MudRunnerTD
9th September 2018, 09:52 PM
How does it sound mate. Read a dude saying the tuned lengths where all wrong on those headers, what are your thoughts on that? Looks good to me.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 09:55 PM
More.......

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:00 PM
And the last of the old stuff.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:03 PM
How does it sound mate. Read a dude saying the tuned lengths where all wrong on those headers, what are your thoughts on that? Looks good to me.

Yeah he is a wanker. All the different brands are the same arrangement so I'm not sure what he was on about. If for whatever reason they arent engineered or looked correct it is most likely a compromise with the room available. It is super tight getting the old extractors out and putting the new ones in. I spent roughly 11-12 hours doing this job and 10 of that was the extractors.

It sounds great too. So much better than when I just put a pipe in place of the factory muffler.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:13 PM
A few of the components installed some will show the room constrainta that make this a fairly involved job. You can only access the manifold nuts from the guard area so wheel and inner guard need to be removed. You also need to remove the studs to be able to remove the old manifolds and get the new ones in.

Passenger side view from guard area.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:18 PM
This is the drivers side. Looking in from the guard area.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:25 PM
Looking up from underneath at the drivers side.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:27 PM
Looking up from underneath at the passenger side.

nissannewby
9th September 2018, 10:31 PM
Looking back at the rest of the system.

growler2058
10th September 2018, 06:05 AM
Geez I wish I had a hoist!

Wine_maker
10th September 2018, 01:37 PM
It looks really sexy, mate!
Will you post a sound test here?

Rossco
10th September 2018, 01:40 PM
Bloody pics aren't coming up on tapa grr . .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

nissannewby
16th September 2018, 08:02 PM
So first tank has now been run through with the new exhaust. The wife did 52km yesterday towing the horses and it has been given some stick with the new found response and minor power increase. The tank cam back at 16.7L/100. When the cats were failing we were struggling to keep it under 20L/100.

nissannewby
10th February 2019, 08:34 PM
Got the rack on late last year. Then gave the big girl a tub before we went away after christmas. Did a fair bit of driving and the car averaged 17/100 loaded with gear on the rack.

nissannewby
10th February 2019, 08:39 PM
Took it out yesterday to get some feed for the horses. 80 bales to get through winter. I have had a worked td42 but nothing compares to how well this thing tows. Its so edfortless and comfortable. And compared to my old td towing fuel usage is no different.

nissannewby
1st September 2019, 05:26 PM
We'll unfortunately I am selling another patrol. I have really struggled holding onto these vehicles but such is life. Here is a link to the ad if anyone is interested. Will be sad to see it go. It's tough to know which one will be missed more this thing or my old GQ.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-Nissan-Patrol-Ti-L-Y62-Auto-4x4/SSE-AD-6274551

rusty_nail
1st September 2019, 05:30 PM
We'll unfortunately I am selling another patrol. I have really struggled holding onto these vehicles but such is life. Here is a link to the ad if anyone is interested. Will be sad to see it go. It's tough to know which one will be missed more this thing or my old GQ.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2013-Nissan-Patrol-Ti-L-Y62-Auto-4x4/SSE-AD-6274551

not really the news you need on fathers day mate. whats happened? sorry to hear its time to move it on.

AB
1st September 2019, 05:44 PM

Sorry to hear Matty I hope all is well mate!

Both are such awesome vehicles!!!

04OFF
1st September 2019, 08:18 PM
Bugger......Matty, am a bit devo, hope its selling so you can buy a series 5 ?, i really looked forward to seeing this thing in action one day too. :frown:

nissannewby
1st September 2019, 08:37 PM
Sorry to hear Matty I hope all is well mate!

Both are such awesome vehicles!!!

Yeah all is fine. Just priorities have shifted so selling up quite a bit of gear. I will hopefully own another one day.

nissannewby
1st September 2019, 08:38 PM
Bugger......Matty, am a bit devo, hope its selling so you can buy a series 5 ?, i really looked forward to seeing this thing in action one day too. :frown:

Might hang out until the Y63 comes out....

Woof
1st September 2019, 09:32 PM

I know how you feel mate, sold my GU ute 2 days ago, will most likely be my last Patrol

nissannewby
9th October 2019, 09:43 PM
Well the big girl is gone. She went to its new home today.

Bring on the Y63!