PDA

View Full Version : Cargo/boot dimensions

taylorhoward
26th July 2017, 09:49 AM
I'm away from my GU for a few weeks and am looking at designing some drawers for the back. I've seen a few threads with measurements but there seems to be no definitive answer. Was hoping someone could provide these measurements:

Rear doors to back of 2nd row seats (cargo depth) - at floor level
Rear doors to back of 2nd row seats (cargo depth) - 300mm above floor level
Width of left wheel arch
Width of right wheel arch

Cheers

Daveyboyjunior
26th July 2017, 05:58 PM
Hi Taylor
Be careful about going 300mm high if you're having a fridge with standard sliders sat on top. It's just too high.
I've just done mine, I'll post some pics later.
This is a thread that's gonna run. Haha.

Boinzo
26th July 2017, 08:12 PM
Width between the arches works to 1115mm leaving enough wriggle room. My drawer frame was 1120mm.
There is a protrusion on the right wheel arch that you need allow for. Around 200mm long and 20mm deep and high.
And I got it in just. But you will need the small door to open past factory to 90 degrees.
Depth is 915mm at the top of the 2nd row seats. I worked on 900mm.

taylorhoward
28th July 2017, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the advice and measurements. So 915mm at the top of the seats, do you know what the depth at floor level is?

Dr Gary
29th July 2017, 02:50 PM
"Outback" drawer dimensions (from factory specs) 950 L x 470 W x 220 H. each drawer.
Of course you can double up height one side, and have the fridge slide either floor level or 220 high.
These are a good fit in my GU, with small lift out side covers above the wheel wells.

Daveyboyjunior
29th July 2017, 05:32 PM
Here are a few pics of my storage solution.
I used Euro boxes for my drawers, which are, as it happens exactly Dr Gary's 220mm high!
We use these a lot over here for general warehousing as they stack and can come with lids. I just wanted to keep things light in the back.
The fridge slide I made from some old garage shelving for the frame and a pair of 200kg fully extending furniture runners.