PDA

View Full Version : Best size tyre

madchef
24th July 2017, 11:08 PM
Hi all, looking at getting tyres, I'm going 2 inch lift, and thinking 285/70/17 I got a patrol , what size would be a good match for a 2 inch lift on a patrol, looking at AT ones..
Thanks Dave

GQtdauto
24th July 2017, 11:51 PM
This will probably start a few arguments, not sure if you have a GU or GQ but up to 33" with a 2" lift , having said that the GQ on 33s hates the front mudflats and keeps chewing them up .
A GU looks like they've made more room for the 33s , your fuel economy will suffer and your speedo will be out and some states that's about as big as you can go to be legal .
I have 33s on the GQ as it does all the rough stuff and the mud .

Bush Ranger
25th July 2017, 06:53 PM
I went for BFG 285/75/16 mt I think it was when I needed a set of new tyres and ended up with BFG 305/70/16 when I picked up the GU. Was told there`s not much in size difference or price of both sizes and didn`t mind some one thinking ahead for me. Dunno about using more fuel. as the revs came down by a couple of hundred and the speedo was more correct than the old 265s I had on there. The reason I know this, is I went through one of those fancy speed trailers near Bunbury, WA that gives you a warning on the speed you`re doing. $350 for BFG mt back in 2009 and were about a hundred bucks more early in 2017. Hope this helps.

madchef
25th July 2017, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys. , doing lots of reading lol prob go 285 ? I got 265 on now but I'll see what price I can get them for, also deciding on which lift kit also lol.
Thanks Dave ..