PDA

View Full Version : New Member

waynet
20th July 2017, 03:03 PM
Hi to all,

After driving a Mistubishi Triton I was looking for a more robust vehicle to use on the farm and to carry a slide on camper. I bought a 2014 GU ZD30 CRD cab chassis with leaf springs. Although I have been a member for a while this is my first post. I have fitted an Aldi winch which had been sitting in its box for several years and so far has done everything asked of it. I have had a Petters GVM upgrade and it is now registered with a GVM of 3900kg. I have had a 2.5 tonne tipper kit fitted to the Nissan tray that came with the vehicle and this has been an absolute godsend. It carries the camper but lacks a bit of low down torque so I am looking at EGR block, 3" exhaust and a ECU. Thanks to the members of the forum for the information and different experiences they post. They have been invaluable.

Avo
20th July 2017, 03:06 PM
welcome to the forum,enjoy

GQtdauto
20th July 2017, 03:32 PM
Welcome aboard mate , if your winch is anything like mine yes they are good for the price , tough and reliable just don't leave the remote in wireless mode because the little battery inside will go flat and render the whole thing useless .
It won't work with the cord plugged in either if it's gone flat in wireless mode , I got stuck once and found out the hard way.

Dhuck
20th July 2017, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

shantillylais
20th July 2017, 11:42 PM
welcome waynet, I too have just come over from a Triton, which was a mistake, because I left a Patrol GQ td42T. Back in the light now :) and you will enjoy. cheers

AB
21st July 2017, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4bye4
24th July 2017, 09:47 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

waynet
26th July 2017, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have already left the remote on and flattened one battery. My winch has a 3 way switch so the winch is off or receiving from the wireless remote or from the cable remote. The controller unit is in behind the winch under the bullbar with the socket for the cable inside the engine compartment and the bonnet is alarmed. I am inclined to use the cable remote because tehre ie a slight lag with the wireles. As I said this setup has worked really well.

growler2058
4th August 2017, 09:07 PM
G'day welcome mate, gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Clunk
4th August 2017, 10:12 PM
welcome aboard mate, enjoy what the forum has to offer