PDA

View Full Version : New member just wanting to say hi

Stevemegs
17th July 2017, 11:17 AM
Hi all I'm Steve and my wife is Megs we live in Toowoomba and this is the first forum that we have joined so looking forward to the experience. We brought our 2000 model zd30 Patrol wogon just over 18 months ago, the last owners had replaced the engine due to a blowen piston and it had duel batteries and a two-way so it was a good starting point for us. We love camping and Patrol was going to get us to all the places we we've been talking about for years. After owning our 4x4 for about six months we had spent a bit of cash on a roof rack roof top tent 2" lift 3" exhaust and some under bonet stuff to try to protect the engine. But it was not to be our very loved Patrol did a big end and the zd30 was no more 😢. That left us with a big decision, rebuild the zd30 or or do a conversion so after a lot of research and late night conversations we decided to pull all the stops and make our Patrol the touring machine it is today 😆. Starting with a TD42 conversion with a new 18g turbo new 12mm injector pump 120psi injectors and let me tell you we've been extremely happy with the performance and reliability it has given us. Since then I have done many mods and upgrades to our Patrol and look forward to sharing info and pic's with you guys. ps as this is my first crack at posting on a forum can someone tell me how to upload pic's to here cheers.

4bye4
17th July 2017, 11:32 AM
G'day mates and welcome to the forum.

Dhuck
17th July 2017, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

AB
17th July 2017, 03:48 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Im just out at the moment but send me a pm if no one helps you by tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
17th July 2017, 04:49 PM
Welcome to the forum , quite a rig you have yourself .
As for uploading photos will let one of the smarter ones help you I struggle with it myself but I have an iPad .

Mc4by
17th July 2017, 08:13 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Clunk
4th August 2017, 10:30 PM
welcome aboard mate, enjoy what the forum has to offer