PDA

View Full Version : New member - great info

chopper06
1st May 2011, 09:57 PM
Gday all,
Have owned GU III Patrol 3 litre DI wagon for ~6 years & now has over 330,000 (mostly) trouble free km's.
Needed a station wagon with good economy for work & family trips (holidays etc) and this has done the job. Not much into the 4WD side of things & run Cooper road based tires but towing trail bikes into the bush hasn't been a problem. Avg ~ 10 l / 100km with mostly highway driving which is pretty good for a 2.5 tonne vehichle.
Car has had a turbo whistle since I've owned it but no problems so far. Only needed exhaust manifold shaved ~2 years ago & mechanic blocked EGR at the same time.
Service (oil change & 3 filters) myself every 7,500 - 10,000 km's with delo 400 & sakura filters. Engine light was a bit scary the 1st time but emptying out the water & / or filter change fixed that. Researching the MAF at the moment. Great site for this type of info.
Test drove the 4.2 diesels but couldn't justify the extra fuel & don't tow caravans or horses. Googled the 3 litre before buying & was a bit put off by the early models with the pistons overheating but touch wood (& oil sqirters in later models) haven't had an issue.
Up for some new rubbers / shocks at the moment, are rubber or nolathene (?) reccomended for mostly road duties?
Would look at updating if the next Patrol comes with the new Navara 550nM V6 diesel.
Great site.

AB
1st May 2011, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum mate and thanks for the feedback!

If you don't get your answers here then you will get a better response by asking any questions under other categories as a lot of people don't read the introductions.

There's plenty of info here about the 3 litres, MAF, etc which I'm sure you have found already.

Enjoy!

Finly Owner
1st May 2011, 10:05 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House

Tim

GUtsy ute
1st May 2011, 10:06 PM
Welcome chopper,
It is a great site and easy to get around.
looking foward to some pics of your rig.
Cheers

YNOT
1st May 2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Go for genuine Nissan rubber bushes.

Tony

NissanGQ4.2
1st May 2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome 2 the forum,

Great bunch on here always willing 2 help out where they can.

X2 With genuine Nissan rubber bushes

big_fletch
1st May 2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Fletcha

chopper06
1st May 2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks all, glad I'm not the only one who's missus has taken control of the remote. Bloody logies.

Clunk
1st May 2011, 10:17 PM
g'day chopper, welcome aboard mate

nowoolies
1st May 2011, 10:55 PM
g`day chopper
welcome on board mate
heaps of laughs and bucket loads of info here enjoy
nowoolies
Paul
p:s piccies we luv piccies

Dhuck
2nd May 2011, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

timbar
2nd May 2011, 02:34 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

growler2058
2nd May 2011, 06:19 AM
Gday chopper theyre a good friendly mob here full of useful info and advice

Bob
2nd May 2011, 07:21 AM
Welcome Chopper. Join in the conversation and enjoy the ride

jaxt
2nd May 2011, 09:41 AM
welcome mate.
just out of interest how do you find the sakura filters?

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 09:42 AM
Welcome chopper, enjoy your stay.

Sir Roofy
2nd May 2011, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard chopper enjoy your stay

Maxhead
2nd May 2011, 07:51 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Chopper

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:21 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul