PDA

View Full Version : Hey folks, what work have you done on your patrol this weekend?

Toddy_85
8th July 2017, 10:02 PM
So I finally bought a patrol, let me be honest I never thought I would. I have spent the last 3 years restoring a Toyota SWB BJ70 and never thought I would drive another. But this patrol came along and I just couldn't refuse. I just got a 05 DX GU IV with the great little ZD30 at its heart. Now in doing my pre purchase research it came up that I should definitely invest in installing a catch can, a manual boost control system and block off the EGR. Does anyone else have any recommendations for other upgrades or handy hints for keeping her in the best condition?

Unfortunately the bloke I bought it off didn't seem to know what a vacuum was so I'll be spending the weekend stripping and cleaning, luckily he had a mechanic that loved patrols and kept it mechanically sound!

So what what work have you done on your patrol this weekend?

Cheers,

Shannon

mudski
8th July 2017, 10:06 PM
Welcome Shannon.
I have done absolutely nought to my Patrol. Its just sitting here covered in leaves and bird shite! Hopefully tomorow I will get out there and finish of the wiring for the low water sensor I have installed.

GQtdauto
8th July 2017, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the forum mate , we actually have a thread called "what have you done to your patrol today" .
But since your asking I'm currently working on my fuel injector pump and replacing a few leaking seals .

AB
9th July 2017, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, done sweet bugger all to it this weekend!

Winnie
9th July 2017, 09:01 AM
Used it to tow a couple of ton of firewood

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mc4by
9th July 2017, 11:19 AM
I tried to install 15mm coil spacers but the stands were too short to get full drop.
I was too lazy to remove the wheels so I will do it during the week.

Dhuck
9th July 2017, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

4bye4
17th July 2017, 01:09 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

Clunk
4th August 2017, 10:36 PM
welcome aboard mate, enjoy what the forum has to offer