PDA

View Full Version : Gone and done it now

GQtdauto
8th July 2017, 05:43 PM
Against all sensible advice I've removed everything in the way of lifting the top off the injector pump , all screws holding the top plate on are loose and ready to come out tomorrow.
Could not find or get the relevant info I needed so took a punt on the diss assembly and so far so good , although the timing mark on throttle shaft to plate was out for some reason .
The intake ports looked like exhaust ports with burnt carbon and crap stuck to the valves .
Turbo to inlet manifold was leaking as well .
Hopefully will be able to get some pics so you can see what not to do and that's the way I have done it .

TPC
8th July 2017, 07:04 PM
Are you going to have a big face palm moment tomorrow?
I leave that stuff to people that know more than me, and that can be a lot of people cause I don't know much.

AB
8th July 2017, 07:19 PM
Very ballsy effort pulling apart a pump old mate ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
8th July 2017, 07:59 PM
Yeah without the right info I might have bit off more than I can chew we will soon find out .
I'm pretty sure I will be alright though , as for facepalm moment that could be tomorrow.

Turtle_au
9th July 2017, 05:33 AM
Good luck.
I had a Cabstar with a BD30 engine that had a leaking top cover on the injector pump. Luckily I had the nissan workshop manual so I read through it.
I will and have repaired nearly everything as I am a tight arse, but draw the line at auto boxes. After reading the manual I was quite happy to pay someone $700 to reseal the pump and $500 to remove and refit.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
9th July 2017, 09:46 AM
My last line of work was a Winding mechanic , hundreds of springs , latches , cams , and you name it all in one machine and so far it's no different , the only difference to my diagram and what I'm working on is there is an electronic what I'm asssuming is an idle on the governor / throttle shaft .

GQtdauto
9th July 2017, 01:26 PM
Ok it took an hour and a half to remove the top plate and 30 seconds to replace the O rings then 2 hours to get the bloody thing back on , if I had to do it again I would knowing what I know now it's probably an hour job tops .
Not a job for anyone with a temper .
I've still got a couple of hours putting everything else back together and hopefully will be able to bleed and prime and start it late today , I have to keep stopping because of my back .

Some pics .

Tip12345
14th July 2017, 12:48 PM
when we do it we scribe the lever position on the shaft . its the thing that most people f up !
some have the cover bushed as it wears badly.

GQtdauto
14th July 2017, 02:32 PM
I did scribe the shaft position because it didn't align to the marks , I also noted in the photo the position of that slot on top of the shaft so I had two references .
Where were you when I was asking about doing this ? The shaft has some wear on it as can be seen in the photo .
The large O ring was not installed correctly and had pinched and flattened it wasn't perished as many suspected , the shaft O ring was worn and suspect it was also leaking but the mechanics that had a clue and looked were convinced it was the large one and one even showed me using compressed air .
All said I would need a reco unit , leaking is now fixed and I have more power than before .

GQtdauto
16th July 2017, 03:59 PM
Rechecked for leaks today and two my horror it's developed a very small leak somewhere else , there was one O ring missing from the kit and I'm betting it's the culprit but it's easy to get to from the outside .
Back is still playing up so I can't crawl around to find the exact spot , not leaking from where it was before and I've rubbed the top sides as much as I could get at and nothing there leaking so assuming it's at the rear of the pump somewhere .

Turtle_au
18th July 2017, 05:17 PM
BTW where is the starter motor located. It was under the pump on my cabstar, and the leaking fuel eventually killed the brushes and commmutator six months later.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
18th July 2017, 06:55 PM
Not under it but not far away and yes it's had a shower of fuel over it for a couple of thousand Kay's , just another thing to look forward to and being an auto means trouble if your starter goes .

jsawrey
4th November 2017, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the thread and the pics good work very informative

GQtdauto
5th November 2017, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the thread and the pics good work very informative

What I did was fairly easy , what you're doing is major work mate , it did stop the leak by the way .