PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket image replacement success

AB
7th July 2017, 01:27 PM
Hi folks,

I have just replaced all of Winnie's PhotoBucket images onto the forum and ran a script to re-link everything up and it works!

Winnie's PB images are now all on the forum hosted locally!
@Winnie (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=6394)

You are missing some photos and you did have some folder structure back many moons ago that you must of deleted so some did not work but if you have another look and find any more photos then let me know and I'll re-upload it.

Big success and to stick it up PhotoBucket :tease::tease::tease:

Any other members who have PB accounts with images on here can you please download the images using Google Chrome browser with this plugin installed on your browser below.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hogadkfj?hl=en (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/papfjgooflcelknccdephbdnhogadkfj?hl=en)

This will enable all of your folders and structure to also download.

Once done, zip it up = Click here if you do not know how to do this.

(http://www.winzip.com/learn/create-zip-files.html)Once zipped you need to send this to me. Obviously the file will be too big to email so use WeTransfer to upload and email me the link @ info@nissanpatrol.com.au = Click here to use WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/)

Let me know your username in email and I'll sort the rest out.

If you are completely lost with everything above then let me know your login to your PhotoBucket account and what folders are only associated with the forum here if applicable and I can do this all for you.

MudRunnerTD
7th July 2017, 01:32 PM
You sir are a Bloody Legend.. Will that plugin work with Safari or will i need to get on a PC?

MudRunnerTD
7th July 2017, 01:34 PM
SNIP......

If you are completely lost with everything above then let me know your login to your PhotoBucket account and what folders are only associated with the forum here if applicable and I can do this all for you.

Speaking my language.....

Al this talk of Zipping up and down has got me a little worried...

Plasnart
7th July 2017, 01:37 PM
AB you should put this solution out into the wider forum communities to really help stick it up PB. If all forums, blogs, etc did this PB would disappear overnight.

AB
7th July 2017, 01:43 PM
You sir are a Bloody Legend.. Will that plugin work with Safari or will i need to get on a PC?
100% on PC.

Your new fancy phone will explode trying to download your account!

AB
7th July 2017, 01:44 PM
AB you should put this solution out into the wider forum communities to really help stick it up PB. If all forums, blogs, etc did this PB would disappear overnight.

Already done old mate on the main forum software page...

04OFF
7th July 2017, 10:25 PM
Speaking my language.....

Al this talk of Zipping up and down has got me a little worried...

LOL , the first three word comment made me chuckle, but i instantly laughed at the rest, so i guess obviously my mind is sailing down the same gutter as yours.............

Unless or course your talking about some computer file jargon i don't understand, then i apologize immensely ? :tongue:

Yeh ,right ! :bowdown:

MudRunnerTD
6th August 2017, 04:31 PM
Bump.........

AB
6th August 2017, 04:47 PM
Ive had a couple of new members PM me about broken images so feel free to let me sort out your PB images here folks.

TPC
6th August 2017, 06:29 PM
VK2FMIA Onkey I know you 2 have some broken Photobucket links in the Photo Comp, you guys able to do this?

The following is what is missing from the Photo Comp:

Historic Buildings February '16 'Historic Buildings' Onkey
Storms July ’16 Storms VK2FMIA
Outback Waterways October ’16 Outback Waterways VK2FMIA
Monuments November ’16 Monuments VK2FMIA

MudRunnerTD
6th August 2017, 06:36 PM
Ive had a couple of new members PM me about broken images so feel free to let me sort out your PB images here folks.

i have got Naomi following your instructions on her laptop mate, From the link it basically downloads my entire PB account in albums Yeah? it is taking a while. I will get it to you mate.

Avo
6th August 2017, 06:49 PM
i have got Naomi following your instructions on her laptop mate, From the link it basically downloads my entire PB account in albums Yeah? it is taking a while. I will get it to you mate.

sound like you want a pay rise......noit before we GET OUR ROOFTOP BAG...................

AB
6th August 2017, 06:50 PM
Yeah mate you've probably got gigs of download going on.

Have you got enough room on your hard drive to store it all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VK2FMIA
7th August 2017, 09:57 AM
VK2FMIA Onkey I know you 2 have some broken Photobucket links in the Photo Comp, you guys able to do this?

The following is what is missing from the Photo Comp:

Historic Buildings February '16 'Historic Buildings' Onkey
Storms July ’16 Storms VK2FMIA
Outback Waterways October ’16 Outback Waterways VK2FMIA
Monuments November ’16 Monuments VK2FMIA

Will have a go at it.

Can I just email the missing photos so they can be inserted into the posts or do you need the folder structure as well?

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2017, 01:47 PM
We have a Fail here. Naomi's computer just stalled and thought about it fgor hours.... AB I might need your help bud, Happy to give you account access.

TPC
7th August 2017, 05:05 PM
Will have a go at it.

Can I just email the missing photos so they can be inserted into the posts or do you need the folder structure as well?

If you send me the photos I can load them, they may be to big to email but if you load them on this thread I can drag them off.

NissanGQ4.2
7th August 2017, 06:10 PM
Yeah mate you've probably got gigs of download going on.

Have you got enough room on your hard drive to store it all?

Isn't the plugin limited on the free version though@AB???

Free Version Downloader
1. Download at most 100 photos / album
2. Only support public albums
3. Download compressed size of photos
4. Can only download one by one

Unlimit Version Downloader
1. Download unlimit photos
2. Support locked and private albums
3. Download original size of photos
4. Albums can download synchronously

AB
7th August 2017, 06:25 PM
Isn't the plugin limited on the free version though@AB???

Free Version Downloader
1. Download at most 100 photos / album
2. Only support public albums
3. Download compressed size of photos
4. Can only download one by one

Unlimit Version Downloader
1. Download unlimit photos
2. Support locked and private albums
3. Download original size of photos
4. Albums can download synchronously

I haven't used it mate but I think you do have to spend the $2 on the app Winnie ?

Did you just try the free version Dazz? MudRunnerTD

Winnie
7th August 2017, 06:30 PM
I haven't used it mate but I think you do have to spend the $2 on the app Winnie ?

Did you just try the free version Dazz? MudRunnerTD

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's correct mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2017, 08:59 PM
I can't say I noticed a free v paid option...... will have another look

VK2FMIA
8th August 2017, 09:24 AM
If you send me the photos I can load them, they may be to big to email but if you load them on this thread I can drag them off.

Thanks TPC, had a go at downloading off PB but seemed to be taking a long time or was doing nothing at all.

Images I upload to the net, forums & photo sharing sites are all resized down to 1000 wide for Landscape & 600 high for Portrait, so images are rarely over 500 kilobytes in size each. This takes up less storage space but the images still have good quality, are quick to upload & don`t use much of your data. All the images Iv`e used on this forum have been that size. Might be something other members might look at doing. Windows Paint can be used to resize images.

I only used photobucket for a couple of months then went to Flickr. Now that the forum allows larger images I will upload straight to the forum from now on.

Anyway, here are the missing images

Storms - 1st & 3rd

Outback Waterways

Monuments

jack
24th April 2018, 11:18 AM
Hey Andy AB

I've just received an email from Flickr advising that they are going to be acquired by SmugMug and I have until 25 May to remove or delete my pictures if I don't don't want to transfer to SmugMug.
Not sure if this is going to cause the same issues as we had with Photobucket as all my pics are on Flickr.

Here's the link: https://www.smugmug.com/about/terms-flickr

Cheers

Cuppa
24th April 2018, 11:59 AM
Hey Andy AB

I've just received an email from Flickr advising that they are going to be acquired by SmugMug and I have until 25 May to remove or delete my pictures if I don't don't want to transfer to SmugMug.
Not sure if this is going to cause the same issues as we had with Photobucket as all my pics are on Flickr.

Here's the link: https://www.smugmug.com/about/terms-flickr

Cheers

Oh dear ..... that is sounding worrying. Most of the photos in the 'past winners' thread of the photo comp here are on Flickr (as a small example of the impact if they 'do a photobucket'). From one brief look through an article (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/23/flickr-bought-by-smugmug-yahoo-breakup) - "SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.” ........ lets hope so, but nevertheless ... uncertain times.

4bye4
24th April 2018, 12:13 PM
looking at the site it appears that there may not be a free option.

"Basic $3.99/mo Billed annually. Save 33%! Or $5.99 monthly. Plus Any Applicable Taxes"

It would appear that nearly everything is goin to a "rental" option now.

TPC
24th April 2018, 01:36 PM
Oh dear ..... that is sounding worrying. Most of the photos in the 'past winners' thread of the photo comp here are on Flickr (as a small example of the impact if they 'do a photobucket'). From one brief look through an article (https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/23/flickr-bought-by-smugmug-yahoo-breakup) - "SmugMug said no changes would be made to Flickr’s current plans or rates: “Flickr’s free accounts are foundational to its community of influential and engaged photographers.” ........ lets hope so, but nevertheless ... uncertain times.

We have already lost 4 of the past winners photos because of Photobucket, I have just saved the others to my computer incase we need to reload them.

AB
24th April 2018, 05:10 PM
Gents. After the Photobucket debacle we put a system in place to download all external images to our server here on NP.

Let's see if it's still working.

Does anyone know of a photo on the forum that was from Flickr I can look at please?

Just a link to the thread would be great please?

NissanGQ4.2
24th April 2018, 05:33 PM
Gents. After the Photobucket debacle we put a system in place to download all external images to our server here on NP.

Let's see if it's still working.

Does anyone know of a photo on the forum that was from Flickr I can look at please?

Just a link to the thread would be great please?

This thread is still a photo bucket issue, maybe photo's that we never could get back? Photo's from VK2FMIA

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?29697-Photo-Comp-Past-Topics-amp-Winners

AB
24th April 2018, 06:09 PM
Some cracking photos in there!

Yeah I was more asking for any photos that were shown here from Flickr so I can check if the new plugin is working properly.

If anyone knows of a photo shown on the forum that was from Flickr if they can please show me the link to the post that would be great!

The PB issue is out of my control unless the owner of the account can download all of their photos and the folder structure and give them to me, otherwise I cannot do anything.

Long story short the plugin goes through the forum periodically and gets the images that are not referenced from the forum itself, downloads it to forum server and references photo from forum server.

I excluded any images from Photobucket otherwise it will download the PB image and permanently show the below.

We fixed Darren's and Winnies photos.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag152/onkeymad/IMG_2901_zpssbp7bdow.jpg

TPC
24th April 2018, 06:21 PM
Post 12 here was put on using Flickr

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?39740-Photo-Comp-April-%9217-REFLECTIONS%92/page2

AB
24th April 2018, 06:27 PM
Excellent, thanks Tony!

So good news, moving forward Flickr and any 3rd party image site you use to put images (reference images) from to our forum does not matter.

The forum grabs those images from those sites, downloads it here and its ours!

TPC
24th April 2018, 06:51 PM
Excellent, thanks Tony!

So good news, moving forward Flickr and any 3rd party image site you use to put images (reference images) from to our forum does not matter.

The forum grabs those images from those sites, downloads it here and its ours!

Thats great Andy, pity Photobucket didn't give us warning so they could have been saved.

AB
24th April 2018, 07:26 PM
I know mate, bugger we didn't know about this feature earlier damn it!!!