PDA

View Full Version : Springs not seated properly ?

91Mavman
3rd July 2017, 05:33 PM
Hi all, I recently picked up an immaculate Maverick TB42. First thing I did was install 2" coil spacers front and rear. Fast forward 2 weeks and I was under the car yesterday and noticed the rear springs seem to be stretching the poly spacer towards the rear. I removed the factory rubber spring seat/isolater from on top of the coil before installing the poly spacer. Have I done something wrong here, or have I just seated the top of the springs too far forward ?

Cheers

PeeBee
3rd July 2017, 05:57 PM
Hi all, I recently picked up an immaculate Maverick TB42. First thing I did was install 2" coil spacers front and rear. Fast forward 2 weeks and I was under the car yesterday and noticed the rear springs seem to be stretching the poly spacer towards the rear. I removed the factory rubber spring seat/isolater from on top of the coil before installing the poly spacer. Have I done something wrong here, or have I just seated the top of the springs too far forward ?

Cheers

Photo would help!

mudnut
3rd July 2017, 06:32 PM
I found that it took a few goes to seat the springs properly. It can be done by one person but I found it best if you have a couple of people to hold the springs in as the jack is slowly raised.

04OFF
4th July 2017, 09:57 PM
I discovered some brands of the large spacers have quite a flat spring seating surface, and don't seem to have much (or any) locating lip or groove to help locate/retain the spring in position, the poly spacers are very firm and also provide very little friction, so springs can slide around a lot.

Check to see if this is the case, as may need to try a different brand ?

91Mavman
7th July 2017, 09:26 PM
Thanks for responses guys. Turned out to be the rear spacers weren't the right ones for this model. Ebay seller is posting the right ones to me so all should be sweet.