PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket no longer supporting 3rd party hosting

nissannewby
1st July 2017, 10:57 AM
Yeah he has, his registration is fine and should see pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photobucket has changed their terms and isnt allowing 3rd party sharing of the pics stored.

TPC
1st July 2017, 11:00 AM
Photobucket has changed their terms and isnt allowing 3rd party sharing of the pics stored.

That is going to bugger up a lot of threads on here, hope Flickr don't do the same thing.

nissannewby
1st July 2017, 11:10 AM
That is going to bugger up a lot of threads on here, hope Flickr don't do the same thing.

Yeah it will. Has ruined quite a lot of threads on patrol4x4 as well and quite a few people arent happy about. Photobucket want $399 to give you ability to share to a 3rd party as well.

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 05:46 PM
That just made photobucket completely irrelevant. Seriously that's huge! I stopped storing stuff there when Tappa made posting pics easy. They made posting vids easy toooooo..... them look what they did!!!.

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 05:50 PM
Wow I just had a look at this thread!!! That is Criminal!! Holding me to Ransome

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 05:51 PM
My build thread is gone too

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 05:52 PM

Surely that was the whole point of the site!!

AB
1st July 2017, 05:54 PM
Yep it's ruined a lot of threads here and forums around the world no doubt.

Can't believe it!

Keep uploading direct to the forum folks!

TPC
1st July 2017, 06:11 PM
Yep it's ruined a lot of threads here and forums around the world no doubt.

Can't believe it!

Keep uploading direct to the forum folks!

Is there a way to upload photos to the forum and have some control of the size they are displayed and not have thumbnails that have to be opened?

Sorry about the thread hijack Darren, maybe we should move this conversation.

AB
1st July 2017, 06:19 PM
Is there a way to upload photos to the forum and have some control of the size they are displayed and not have thumbnails that have to be opened?

Sorry about the thread hijack Darren, maybe we should move this conversation.

Moved to its own thread now Tony.

Do you mean using PC or an app?

AB
1st July 2017, 06:21 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72344&stc=1

TPC
1st July 2017, 06:21 PM
Moved to its own thread now Tony.

Do you mean using PC or an app?

Using a PC

AB
1st July 2017, 06:22 PM
Just uploaded above and it's full screen on my phone and PC.

What issues are you having?

AB
1st July 2017, 06:32 PM
I can't even see your photos even going direct to your Photobucket page.

Let's pray they realise the magnitude of this issue world wide with literally millions of photos now blocked on thousands of websites and thousands of posts.

TPC
1st July 2017, 06:32 PM
Photo Test.

TPC
1st July 2017, 06:33 PM
Just uploaded above and it's full screen on my phone and PC.

What issues are you having?

I use Flickr and that still works, if I try to upload to the forum it comes out the size of post 15.

AB
1st July 2017, 06:34 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72347&stc=1

AB
1st July 2017, 06:34 PM
How are you uploading via PC, what do you press and do?

GQtdauto
1st July 2017, 06:46 PM
Photo Test.

That photo comes out full screen size on the iPad .
Looks like you were having fun by the way .

AB
1st July 2017, 06:47 PM
I haven't had a chance to research this so what's the go. If I pay photobucket $300 then I can see the photos or does the photobucket account holder need to pay?
MudRunnerTD

AB
1st July 2017, 06:48 PM
Ok it's account holders...

Well that's just shit!

Cuppa
1st July 2017, 06:54 PM
Never liked Photobucket, but like'em even less now. So users can't access their own photos now? Was there no warning? Like the boss says "Well that's just shit". Surely it can only bite them where it hurts.

AB
1st July 2017, 06:58 PM
Ive never used it either, Darren or anyone else using photobucket, can you see your own photos when you go to your account direct on their site?

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 06:58 PM
Yeah I have just been on Google having a read. Madness. Forums all over the internet are in the same boat!! This is huge. In a world where Facebook is dumbing us down and making forums harder to survive this is a real shame. Facebook is hideous for good technical information threads like this forum and photobucket had just dismantled half our forum.

P4X4 MUST be in big trouble too.

This is criminal.

TPC
1st July 2017, 06:59 PM
How are you uploading via PC, what do you press and do?

I click on the "Insert Image" tab, then change to "Basic Uploader" then select file and upload.
I have to change to "basic Uploader as I cannot select files if I don't.

AB
1st July 2017, 07:05 PM
Tony, that should all be fixed now including all of the images on the entire forum, I see your one here is working, can you also confirm mate?

AB
1st July 2017, 07:06 PM
Ive never used it either, Darren or anyone else using photobucket, can you see your own photos when you go to your account direct on their site?

Bump MudRunnerTD

TPC
1st July 2017, 07:10 PM
Tony, that should all be fixed now including all of the images on the entire forum, I see your one here is working, can you also confirm mate?

Its big now, it was small when I uploaded it.
You fixed something without crashing the forum. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Bob
1st July 2017, 07:18 PM
Does this show :

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/04/164.jpg

This is stored on IMGUR.COM

AB
1st July 2017, 07:20 PM
Full screen Bob...All good

lucus30
1st July 2017, 07:46 PM
Every photo I try to upload is over the file size limit of 3.81MB. This is why i used to use photobucket

AB
1st July 2017, 07:52 PM
Every photo I try to upload is over the file size limit of 3.81MB. This is why i used to use photobucket

I never even knew that was an issue sorry Lucus, this has now been changed to handle high res images.

lucus30
1st July 2017, 07:54 PM
I never even knew that was an issue sorry Lucus, this has now been changed to handle high res images.

Awesome thanks AB... it works

TPC
1st July 2017, 08:15 PM
Do you have enough storage capacity to handle the influx?

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 08:27 PM
Bump MudRunnerTD

Yeah I've only checked on my pgone bur I can see them all. It's clunky though. This is a very big deal. Damn it to hell.

MB
1st July 2017, 08:35 PM
Darren mate, can you prattty please change bsck to an apiles pgnome or maybe a quik poof befare prussing Samsung send :-)

AB
1st July 2017, 08:39 PM
Do you have enough storage capacity to handle the influx?

Yep I can handle it.

I've been in discussions about moving us to a much better company too where we would have unlimited storage and extra load resources at peak times so this might be a goer now.

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 08:40 PM
Darren mate, can you prattty please change bsck to an apiles pgnome or maybe a quik poof befare prussing Samsung send :-)

It's killing me mate

AB
1st July 2017, 08:40 PM
I've changed the settings folks so we can take full hd any size photos.

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 08:41 PM
I've changed the settings folks so we can take full hd any size photos.

AB I actually have No Idea how to do That!!!!!

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2017, 08:41 PM
My money is photobucket has been hacked!

Winnie
1st July 2017, 08:46 PM
No good Darren... Broken pic. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/30.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 08:52 PM

Grrrrrrrrr combined with the phone I'm having a.bad day.

MudRunnerTD
1st July 2017, 08:55 PM

It's that dumb Hey!!!! Unfortunately it's all over the internet.

nissannewby
1st July 2017, 08:55 PM

Or facebook has bought it continuing in its effort to rule the world....

nissannewby
1st July 2017, 08:56 PM
No good Darren... Broken pic. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/07/30.jpg

Nuh thats a broken switch.

AB
1st July 2017, 09:02 PM

That wound not surprise me if that were true.

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2017, 09:12 PM
It's that dumb Hey!!!! Unfortunately it's all over the internet.

mmmmm I've been drinking so not in the right frame of mind 2 comment straight but find it really strange that when trying to access these photobucket images from the forum my nortan virus program reports threats on the website

Bottoms up :)

Winnie
1st July 2017, 09:28 PM
Nuh thats a broken switch.
We get all kinds of awesome broken stuff in at work. Usually DIY stuff.

TPC
1st July 2017, 09:48 PM

That thought had crossed my mind.

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2017, 10:47 PM
Photobucket link

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z400/toddrhind/300620121246_2000x1500.jpg

Edit: Still working

TPC
1st July 2017, 11:09 PM
It is not working for the previously linked photos

dom14
9th July 2017, 05:06 PM

Google Photos is a pretty good service. I use them instead of Photobucket

Maxhead
9th July 2017, 05:22 PM
Google Photos is a pretty good service. I use them instead of Photobucket
Hmmm, never heard of that before. I use google drive to store all by stuff so I'll definetly chech this out now....cheers

Does it allow you to embed pics in forums etc?

...........on the road

dom14
9th July 2017, 07:10 PM
Hmmm, never heard of that before. I use google drive to store all by stuff so I'll definetly chech this out now....cheers

Does it allow you to embed pics in forums etc?

...........on the road

Yes, definitely. It's basically you use your google drive space to store your photos & then generate a link by clicking on the icon that says "Share" on the top rightish of the google page. Just type google photos to google, while you're logged onto your gmail, google drive etc. or just bookmark the below link

https://photos.google.com/

Generate a link for the particular photo and then simply paste it here.

dom14
9th July 2017, 09:23 PM

Wow! That picture scares me. How many amps were drawn out of that switch circuit? :)

AB
13th July 2017, 12:44 PM
This is still haunting me!!!

We have a google maps on our business website with 1000 images place marked of our installs.

A sales person has just asked why all of the images have this weird thumbnail now!!

My god!!!

I can't fix this as it's on google maps!

Curse you Photobucket!!!

Clunk
21st July 2017, 09:14 PM
Has anyone else tried downloading their whole album from Photobucket and run into problems?...... Keeps coming up with error for me. Buggered if I'm going to download the photos one by one

TPC
21st July 2017, 09:34 PM
Has anyone else tried downloading their whole album from Photobucket and run into problems?...... Keeps coming up with error for me. Buggered if I'm going to download the photos one by one

It is probably still overloading with others all around the world trying to do the same thing.
Shortly after this started I could not even log onto Photobucket, fortunately I had not used it much and have happily closed my account now.

Clunk
21st July 2017, 09:42 PM
It is probably still overloading with others all around the world trying to do the same thing.
Shortly after this started I could not even log onto Photobucket, fortunately I had not used it much and have happily closed my account now.Yeah I'll be closing mine too...... once I've got the bloody photos downloaded, bloody money grabbing arseholes

growler2058
21st July 2017, 10:18 PM
Ive deleted and closed mine

nissannewby
6th September 2017, 02:15 PM
Thought I would bring this back into the light a little.

There is another bypass if you use google chrome as your browser. Go to menu to right of the address bar and click tools, then proceed to extensions, you then want to find more extensions and search for photo bucket. It should be the top extension put this in place and it will allow you to see any embedded pics on forums.

Im not sure if this is a permanent fix but it certainly works for now.

mudski
6th September 2017, 03:56 PM

There is another bypass if you use google chrome as your browser. Go to menu to right of the address bar and click tools, then proceed to extensions, you then want to find more extensions and search for photo bucket. It should be the top extension put this in place and it will allow you to see any embedded pics on forums.

Same applies with Firefox browser too. So I assume IE will have it.

AB
6th September 2017, 05:15 PM
I'll have to have a look Matty, cheers!

AB
6th September 2017, 05:21 PM

Wow, well done!

It absolutelty works and works on Firefox too.

Get onto it everyone whilst it lasts!

Same as Matty above on FF, top right go to Add Ons, then search for Photobucket embed fix, turn it on, job done!

nissannewby
6th September 2017, 05:24 PM
Wow, well done!

It absolutelty works and works on Firefox too.

Get onto it everyone whilst it lasts!

Same as Matty above on FF, top right go to Add Ons, then search for Photobucket embed fix, turn it on, job done!

I cant take any credit for it. I think it came about on the other forum so tried it and passed on the info. Only a messenger mate.

AB
6th September 2017, 06:30 PM
So in light of this new feature if anyone comes across important threads that have missing photos that are desperately needed to be on the forum then let me know.

Just reply to the thread tagging myself or one of the mods and we will manually fix the thread up.

MB
6th September 2017, 08:39 PM
So in light of this new feature if anyone comes across important threads that have missing photos that are desperately needed to be on the forum then let me know.....
Just letting you know AB that it appears Nissheads picture posts these days seem to be corrupted with an Isuzu type forum, can you help fix it for him please mate? :-)

AB
6th September 2017, 08:50 PM
Just letting you know AB that it appears Nissheads picture posts these days seem to be corrupted with an Isuzu type forum, can you help fix it for him please mate? :-)

Sometimes in life you just let nature take its course unfortunately :(

MB
6th September 2017, 09:13 PM
You are a good leader and bloke AB don't be sad mate, unfortunately he aint coming back now though :-( https://youtu.be/j0E0fBPs8cE

Touses
7th September 2017, 11:46 AM
Sometimes in life you just let nature take its course unfortunately :(

It may be kinder to have him put down! Some afflictions can be lingering! Might I suggest :210:

DX grunt
7th September 2017, 03:16 PM
So in light of this new feature if anyone comes across important threads that have missing photos that are desperately needed to be on the forum then let me know.

Just reply to the thread tagging myself or one of the mods and we will manually fix the thread up.

Can you find and delete the photo of my losing the bet and washing my ute? You know the one! lol

AB
7th September 2017, 05:31 PM
Can you find and delete the photo of my losing the bet and washing my ute? You know the one! lol

Nah that's definitely a keeper old mate, NP forum banner! Lol

NissanGQ4.2
7th September 2017, 06:01 PM

I went 2 install it but then it wanted access 2 my info so aborted..... do you know what actual info its collecting @AB???

AB
7th September 2017, 06:24 PM
I went 2 install it but then it wanted access 2 my info so aborted..... do you know what actual info its collecting @AB???

Do you mean the plugin on ff or signing up to PB to download albums mate?

I didn't get asked anything on Firefox plugin install.

NissanGQ4.2
7th September 2017, 06:54 PM
Do you mean the plugin on ff or signing up to PB to download albums mate?

I didn't get asked anything on Firefox plugin install.

This is what I got after downloading it

AB
7th September 2017, 08:22 PM
Yeah the extension is going to need to access your data to convert the images but what else it does who knows if anything at all.

Check the source code and decipher it if you want mate.

The risk is the same as anything you do on the net.

Anyone using Chrome would have Google using your data for their own agendas, anyone using IE could have Microsoft spying anyone using facebook has them collecting data.

Data data data rules the world now so whatever anyone does on the internet is at their own risk.

Clunk
7th September 2017, 11:30 PM

you can have it deleted as much as you like but while I have copies, it'll be posted faster than you can remove them :)