PDA

View Full Version : Self Introduction.

Bill Billington
23rd June 2017, 10:53 PM
Hi Folks.

I'm a long term owner of beloved '89 SWB GQ TD42.....but first time blogger. Never been on a forum before in my life.......so apologies for not being aware of protocols and etiquette.

I have had my patrol since 2001. She's looked after me very well for a stock machine and has 425,000 on the clock and still going well.

I now have the mind and some cash to do some work and general upgrades and therefore hope to get advice form those more experienced.

I look forward to benefiting from the forum.

Cheers in advance.

Bill.

4bye4
23rd June 2017, 11:01 PM
G'day Bill and welcome to the forum. The best thing about the forum is there is no protocol or etiquette apart from not being obnoxious. Just be yourself no join in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MB
23rd June 2017, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard mate !

Bill Billington
23rd June 2017, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys. A nice welcome.

I have done a search for snorkel info and didn't find anything (assuming I searched correctly)

First question.

My GQ shorty has a round pre air cleaner (AC) down by the the left guard. I want to fit a snorkel . Most probably a SAFARI snorkel. There are the three kits available one for no pre AC and two for the pre. Of these one retains the pre AC and the other discards it.

Are there any benefits either way....To keep or not to keep pre AC.

Your thoughts?

Cheers Bill.

Mc4by
23rd June 2017, 11:32 PM
Howdy Bill, welcome aboard.

MB
23rd June 2017, 11:34 PM
G'day again Bill mate!
Best to post up your query in the mechanical type sections for all to read as not all members will see your nice & polite introduction mate :-)

AB
24th June 2017, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
24th June 2017, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Rotten Ronny
24th June 2017, 10:17 PM
G'day Bill

Plasnart
24th June 2017, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Bill! Go to the "General Mechanical Discussions" section to put your question up and you'll get more replies in there. Good to have you on board mate.