PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a member from Thomastown area maybe ?

gdb
21st June 2017, 05:48 PM
Hey gents. As per my intro i'm from Thomo melbourne northern subs.
About a month and a half ago my 4.2 left me stranded at bunnings as it wouldnt start. A bloke with a very very nice late model white 4.2 happened to drive past and say hello. Long story short he was confident my pump NATS bullshit thing was playing up and later on i found out he was on the money!
He suggested a few light taps to the chip on the pump and off she went!!! Thats after he jump started us first as i ffried the battery after the all the start attempts. She Fired up.... (chip has been cut out since then)
I gave him my number as i owe him big time as well as him forgetting some of his tools with me. He was gonna swing past my workshop but he never ended up doing so. He had this forums sticker on the rear.
I dont remember his name as i was furious at the car during those moments so. I owe him a carton at least as im a chippie and was on my way to a large job so if he didnt happen to be there that day probably would have lost the work.
Can anybody here maybe point me to him or if he reads this PM us your # maybe or call past, you know where my shop is.
His car was white, gu, 4.2 and had that large turbo scoop.

Cheers. Gazza.

AB
21st June 2017, 06:13 PM
mudski

You?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB
21st June 2017, 06:15 PM
Was he extremely ugly, thin medium build wearing a hat?

Note: Extremely ugly bloke?

MudRunnerTD
21st June 2017, 06:26 PM
I reckon it was Hodge Eric

Rossco
21st June 2017, 07:10 PM
Nah that was me, i remember now, I'll send me address & you can drop the beer of when ya ready [emoji6] . . .

Nah just kidding, tipping Hodge too. . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

jack
21st June 2017, 07:19 PM

Is this him? ( photo copied from Lucas pics )

Maxhead
21st June 2017, 07:19 PM
Good on ya Gazza for reaching out mate. That's what it's all about, and this forum.... well what can I say. One of the best !

IT will be one of the two great members mentioned above[emoji3]

................on the road

Avo
21st June 2017, 08:20 PM
Good on ya Gazza for reaching out mate. That's what it's all about, and this forum.... well what can I say. One of the best !

IT will be one of the two great members mentioned above[emoji3]

do you even drive a nissan mate...talk about the band wagon

mudski
21st June 2017, 08:26 PM
Was he extremely ugly, thin medium build wearing a hat?

Note: Extremely ugly bloke?

Get farked AB! No more a thin build now bud. Slightly chunky I have been told. As for the OP it would be Eric Hodge he is referring to.

mudski
21st June 2017, 08:31 PM
I just sent him a text...

Maxhead
21st June 2017, 08:41 PM
do you even drive a nissan mate...talk about the band wagon

Fark you mofo, at least I owned one or two and not my missus;)
How's your tractor going... bwaha

Don't you drive a dmax as well..lol

Avo
21st June 2017, 09:20 PM
Fark you mofo, at least I owned one or two and not my missus;)
How's your tractor going... bwaha

Don't you drive a dmax as well..lol

aren't you bogged already...yes i did have just one...yes i do drive the wifes...only cause her driving scares me .....honest........and no i don't drive a dmax...we have 4 on the farms i manage...lol...lub you lonnnng time...

Maxhead
21st June 2017, 09:29 PM
aren't you bogged already...yes i did have just one...yes i do drive the wifes...only cause her driving scares me .....honest........and no i don't drive a dmax...we have 4 on the farms i manage...lol...lub you lonnnng time...

Bogged?? Well I'll tell you after this weekend which is going to give the dmax a work out in the hills.

Maxhead
21st June 2017, 09:34 PM
Bogged?? Well I'll tell you after this weekend which is going to give the dmax a work out in the hills.

Been worried about the open rear diff but this kind of helps... not much tho.
https://youtu.be/9ZIOPi2UEQE

Avo
21st June 2017, 10:40 PM
Been worried about the open rear diff but this kind of helps... not much tho.
https://youtu.be/9ZIOPi2UEQE

got to 36 seconds

Maxhead
22nd June 2017, 07:47 AM
got to 36 seconds

Good, wasn't It [emoji3][emoji3]

gdb
22nd June 2017, 04:49 PM
Thanks a heap gentlemen. I've tracked him down, well hes got in touch with me today. It in fact was Hoge.
Poor buggers been shithouse in and out of the hospital so any wonder havent seen him.

As for the sidetracked D max discussion. My apprentice has had one for aroud 3 years and gives it absolute hell and seems to be ok.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd June 2017, 04:58 PM
Thanks a heap gentlemen. I've tracked him down, well hes got in touch with me today. It in fact was Hoge.
Poor buggers been shithouse in and out of the hospital so any wonder havent seen him.

As for the sidetracked D max discussion. My apprentice has had one for aroud 3 years and gives it absolute hell and seems to be ok.

This forum is great at sidetracking discussions :)

Onya Hodge 4 helping out :)

Plasnart
22nd June 2017, 05:46 PM
Stick around Gazza this place is full of awesome blokes like Hodge and me.

:tease:

Hodge
24th July 2017, 09:01 PM
Hello Gary mate hope things are well. Sorry for slow response I'm just catching up on a few months of mentions, quotes messages etc.
Thanks for the mention buddy. Hope the GU is ok as I thought I saw it sitting at JPC last week.

lucus30
24th July 2017, 10:04 PM

Is this him? ( photo copied from Lucas pics )

Ha Ha yeah was gunna say thats a good pic

gdb
26th July 2017, 07:27 PM
Hello Gary mate hope things are well. Sorry for slow response I'm just catching up on a few months of mentions, quotes messages etc.
Thanks for the mention buddy. Hope the GU is ok as I thought I saw it sitting at JPC last week.

hey there mate. good to hear from ya. swing past the workshop you know where i am. still have those tools to give you.
yeah my car was there drove me nuts ended up a leaking primer / cracked. good to hear from ya.