PDA

View Full Version : Hello in there.

Sledge x
16th June 2017, 12:22 PM
Hi all. Bought a brand spanking 2015 gu N-TREK Wagon to get the family out and about a couple of years ago and we love it. I've added foam cell pro shocks and iron man springs, draws, lights, fridge, oz bar, aux battery, arb compressor and it sits on 33 Mickey T's. Done a couple of high country trips (vic) and 2 Moonambel Musters, oh yeah and I put a nissan snorkel on it as well. Ive done all these mods myself in an effort to get to know my rig better. Untill yesterday when a local shop fitted a 3" s/s exhaust, well after blowing the IC hose of twice in quick sucsession (fixed with a quick tighten up on the side of the road) my rig now seems to be in limp mode. Thats where im at and thats why Im here, gotta find some answers. Cheers.

4bye4
16th June 2017, 12:49 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate. Hopefully you will stick around after you fix the problem. Sounds like you are overboosting which can happen after fitting a new 3" exhaust. Are you going to do any other mods? Sounds like yiou may need to adjust the max boost or fit a dawes valve. More Knowledgeable people will be along soon I'm sure.

happygu
16th June 2017, 01:43 PM
Turning it off, and turning it back on should take it out of limp mode, and drive it carefully to keep it out of limp mode till you can get the boost sorted.

You are not the only person to have this problem with a 3" exhaust, and it is one of the reasons why I chose the 2.75" Beaudesert Exhaust.
Unfortunately, even after choosing the smaller exhaust I ended up having a similar problem with mine after I added the new exhaust, but only after i had it for a few weeks of general use, and got from Melbourne to Innaminka via a double Simpson Desert crossing.

Nissan solved mine during its next service ( it was due straight after the trip anyway ), but their fix has meant it has never gone as well as it did before, so it took a edge off the performance gain.

Dhuck
16th June 2017, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
16th June 2017, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledge x
16th June 2017, 06:30 PM
Hi guys thanks for the welcome. Overboost issue for sure. Ive just ordered some gauges and a pillar mount and will try and find a dawes set up tonight. I also have a EGR plate to install and I am trying to find a dyno wizard in the Geelong/ Western region to do a custom tune. Congrats on this site, it really is chock full of knowledge.

Avo
16th June 2017, 07:27 PM
welcome to the forum matey