PDA

View Full Version : 2016 GU Brake proportioning valve

Coolrunning
10th June 2017, 11:58 PM
Hi guys,

I have just done a 2 inch lift on my patrol and purchase a brake proportioning extension bracket but realised the setup is different on my model.

There dosnt seem to be a bracket to extend on the rear diff or a spring for that matter.

Dose anybody know were or how to adjust the brake proportioning valve on the latest Y61 model patrol?

Thanks in advance

my third 256
11th June 2017, 08:45 AM
picture please :useless:

Coolrunning
11th June 2017, 10:24 AM
Hey mate,

Sorry pics attached. Hard to get a good shot with the track bar in the way but hopefully gives you an idea on what I'm talking about with no spring 721767217772178

my third 256
11th June 2017, 01:37 PM
shouldnt realy need ajustment as is needed when going larger lift
how are the breaks at the moment any difference since the lift

Coolrunning
11th June 2017, 02:34 PM
Haven't driven it yet. I still have to install the adjustable drag link this afternoon as I ran out of time yesterday. Just not looking forward to trying to get the thing off.

I'll take it for a drive tonight and see how it's goes.

I just didn't want to lose any breaking in the rear as I will be towing a camper

my third 256
12th June 2017, 08:51 AM
also do you need to change the drag link as they dont change these either for 2 inch lift
some of the gurus can shed more light on this
where are you darrin mud runner td

Coolrunning
12th June 2017, 08:56 PM
Yeah I installed an adjustable one as I new the steering would be out and give me the shits.

I spoke to the guys at the suspension shop were I'm getting the castor correction bushes installed and wheel alingnment done and he said the latest model Y61 has electronic stability control so that's why there is no break proportioning valve spring.

It dose feel like its breaking front heavy now but not sure it that's just because the new springs are lighter in the front over the back. I'll probably just wait a few weeks until the springs settel and see how it gose

MyGU8
22nd June 2017, 11:20 AM
Hi guys,

I have just done a 2 inch lift on my patrol and purchase a brake proportioning extension bracket but realised the setup is different on my model.

There dosnt seem to be a bracket to extend on the rear diff or a spring for that matter.

Dose anybody know were or how to adjust the brake proportioning valve on the latest Y61 model patrol?

Thanks in advance

ABS models do not have brake proportioning valve as it is individually controlled.

Love your new car look of your photos.