PDA

View Full Version : What do you do feel energetic and refreshed in the morning.

dom14
8th June 2017, 07:32 PM
Hey fellas,

I didn't mean by waking up early in the morning while scratching your bum and pretend to be happy & try hard to tell yourself how much you love life and everybody around you, when in reality you feel like crap about having to get up early everyday to do the same job the same way.

I mean to feel truly energetic & pumped up in the morning, without having to do any routine psycho babble your shrink tells you to do(that never works), what would you do?

Don't we have some good control over it or is it all about the environmental conditions, people around us and mostly the individual genetics?

Some days, I wake up feeling pumped and there's nothing from the previous day I can pinpoint to that might have caused the good energy level. So far, the things I have thought(eating this, eating that, drinking this, drinking that, "night meditation", etc etc) haven't turned up to be the things that generate "good days" out of nowhere.

Any thoughts?

dom14
8th June 2017, 07:39 PM
BTW, spanking the monkey in the morning ain't working for me. ;)

Turtle_au
8th June 2017, 07:50 PM
Very deep.. My morning routine includes feeding and chatting to the magpies, currawongs, butcher birds and kookas on the back deck while I have my coffee and smoke.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

NissanGQ4.2
8th June 2017, 08:00 PM
Can't say I ever wake up feeling truly energetic & pumped up in the morning............except when I'm away camping and that doesn't happen enough these days :(

mudski
8th June 2017, 08:08 PM
BTW, spanking the monkey in the morning ain't working for me. ;)

Goddammit! You beat me to it. So to speak! Hahaha!

Bush Ranger
8th June 2017, 08:12 PM
I think it has a bit to do with what you said when you said this ``Don't we have some good control over it or is it all about the environmental conditions, people around us and mostly the individual genetics?``.
Some people can handle early mornings, certain people and the environment that they endure. I think it`s a bit like lotto, you get a few small wins to keep you going and a lot of times there`s nothing before a big win comes along. Well hopefully and hope keeps us going for a little bit longer.
When I use to wake up at 4am three mornings a week to unload a semi at 5am, there were only two other people at work, not including the semi driver. By that time, I`m awake when the shop opened at 8am and people wondered how I was happy. But I think it has some thing to do with the type of person that you are, with other added factors.

dom14
8th June 2017, 08:14 PM
Can't say I ever wake up feeling truly energetic & pumped up in the morning............except when I'm away camping and that doesn't happen enough these days :(

Yeah, but I get a day occasionally that I feel pumped in the morning the moment I am up. And it wasn't even a day I slept eight or ten hours either. Kinda mystery to me, but can't help believing that it ain't just random thing. My gut feeling says there's something that I can't see, but it is there & if I can tap into it, I can get more pumped up days. :)

dom14
8th June 2017, 08:17 PM
I think it has a bit to do with what you said when you said this ``Don't we have some good control over it or is it all about the environmental conditions, people around us and mostly the individual genetics?``.
Some people can handle early mornings, certain people and the environment that they endure. I think it`s a bit like lotto, you get a few small wins to keep you going and a lot of times there`s nothing before a big win comes along. Well hopefully and hope keeps us going for a little bit longer.
When I use to wake up at 4am three mornings a week to unload a semi at 5am, there were only two other people at work, not including the semi driver. By that time, I`m awake when the shop opened at 8am and people wondered how I was happy. But I think it has some thing to do with the type of person that you are, with other added factors.

Good explanation mate.
I have a feeling that the type of person we are have a fair bit to do with genetics, and then the upbringing and experiences whle growing up. Nowadays having access to explanations like epigenetics, I am wondering whether it is possible to make major changes to how we behave and feel. Of course, the area I am interested in is the morning energy level which I have been struggling with as it fluctuates with me. I can't help thinking that there is a magic bullet out there. :)

Clunk
8th June 2017, 08:19 PM
Have a big poo then a wank

dom14
8th June 2017, 08:22 PM
Goddammit! You beat me to it. So to speak! Hahaha!

Yeah, that was your solution for me from the other thread. :D
I tried and it didn't work. ;)

dom14
8th June 2017, 08:26 PM
Have a big poo then a wank

Big poo is an involuntary thing that i dont have any choice with. :D It does help, but not the magic bullet I'm after. :)
Big wank ain't working for me, as it makes me even sleepier afterwards.
:D, and no the shagging ain't doing it for me either. I'm sure it does for women and many men, but not me. :)

Bob
8th June 2017, 08:38 PM
Just think of the alternative to waking up and maybe that might make you happy

AB
8th June 2017, 08:44 PM
Have to agree with the youthful answers here sorry blokes...

If lachy sleeps all night until 6am I have that extra spring in my step!

Failing that, coffee, smoke, get the video ready for shower time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dom14
8th June 2017, 08:54 PM
Have to agree with the youthful answers here sorry blokes...

If lachy sleeps all night until 6am I have that extra spring in my step!

Failing that, coffee, smoke, get the video ready for shower time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coffee is good, but need more everyday to get the same effect and before I know it starts doing my stomach in.
Smoke is fun & stimulating for me in the middle of the night or late night, but can't do it regularly as I discovered my lungs and stomach can't handle that. Alcohol does it for me for a short period but leads to sleepiness within coupla hours, and not to mention it is an "unhealthy" way to start the day. :D
Guarana is good, but same like coffee, 'cos needs more everyday to get the same stimulent effect.

I'm still haven given up on finding that magic bullet. :)

Cuppa
8th June 2017, 09:16 PM
I’ve never been a morning person. Took coffee & time (& in the past a ciggie or three) to wind up to the day

Since starting on a CPAP machine a couple of months ago I’m fully awake straight off most mornings.

Doesn’t necessarily make me feel happy, or stop me worrying about shit, although there has been a general improvement in both.

mudski
8th June 2017, 10:10 PM
Very deep.. My morning routine includes feeding and chatting to the magpies, currawongs, butcher birds and kookas on the back deck while I have my coffee and smoke.

One thing I miss about the darts. The first one in the morning with the coffee. The good old days.

I hear ya mate.. We are only getting away for a night this weekend. Dunno even know where yet. First time in over a year.

jack
8th June 2017, 10:15 PM
Like others, always feel refreshed when out camping.
When home I always wake up at the same time and usually tired. Lately I've been heading straight down to the pool, 1km swim, 20min spa and 15min sauna.
Home for breakfast and wonder what to do for the rest of the day.

Unfortunately not every day, two days a week I still go to work.
Jealous?

dom14
8th June 2017, 10:27 PM
Like others, always feel refreshed when out camping.
When home I always wake up at the same time and usually tired. Lately I've been heading straight down to the pool, 1km swim, 20min spa and 15min sauna.
Home for breakfast and wonder what to do for the rest of the day.

Unfortunately not every day, two days a week I still go to work.
Jealous?

Yes, and I won't hesitte to kill you if I can assume your identity. :D ;)

If I can start the day by 1km swim, 20min spa and 15min sauna I am motivated enough to be happy no matter what. ;)
And I won't wonder what to do for the rest of the day, 'cos I have a gift for finding enough things that I can't even have enough time for. :D

dom14
8th June 2017, 10:29 PM
I definitely like working all the way to the last breath into very old age, if they allow me.
It's that I like doing it in my own terms. :D

dom14
8th June 2017, 10:35 PM
I’ve never been a morning person. Took coffee & time (& in the past a ciggie or three) to wind up to the day

Since starting on a CPAP machine a couple of months ago I’m fully awake straight off most mornings.

Doesn’t necessarily make me feel happy, or stop me worrying about shit, although there has been a general improvement in both.

Yeah, I think, many of us have sleep disorders that we don't even know we have 'cos we get kicked in the ass to get up in the morning and go to work no matter what. I most certainly am prone to sleep disorders, most likely inherited from the old fella.
Sleep apnea is one of the things, and even that can be result of many conditions inside nasal cavity and beyond. Allergies can be one of the mystery causes.

Turtle_au
9th June 2017, 05:16 AM
I used to get a shit night sleep and wake up with sore ribs. Changed bed and now sleep in seperate room to wife. Both of us now get a good sleep.
Apparently my snoring would wake the wife followed by an elbow to the ribs.

MB
9th June 2017, 06:23 AM
Hey fellas, I didn't mean by waking up early in the morning while scratching your bum and pretend to be happy & try hard to tell yourself how much you love life and everybody around you, when in reality you feel like crap about having to get up early everyday to do the same job the same way. Worth trying a 'Mantra' Dom mate to suit the opposite of how you may feel. "Today is going to be a ripper! Today is going to be a ripper!....." Best to keep them silent in your noggin otherwise if you wake the Mrs too early it will be a shit day again :-) Seriously though, we can trick ourselves into positive thought and then good things actually can happen mate.

Winnie
9th June 2017, 08:51 AM
I used to wake up all fresh and chipper every day.
Now I get 5 hours of broken sleep because of a crying baby and am tired all the time. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jay see
9th June 2017, 02:04 PM
Stopped working nights worked for me. I'm not jumping out of bed, but I'm not dragging my ass out either.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

4bye4
9th June 2017, 02:32 PM
I'm 66 and if I just wake up thats enough to keep me going all day. On the good side, our kids have all left home now so it's usually a good uninturrepted sleep and straight into it in the morning. I wake at 6am and get straight on with it. Ill reverse the original question though and say that if I go back to bed, energy and enthusiasm go back to bed and stay there for the day. So its wake up and get up for me.

dom14
9th June 2017, 06:14 PM
I used to get a shit night sleep and wake up with sore ribs. Changed bed and now sleep in seperate room to wife. Both of us now get a good sleep.
Apparently my snoring would wake the wife followed by an elbow to the ribs.

No kidding. :D Lucky she didn't put you in a hospital with coupla cracked ribs. ;)
My X used to snore like crap and I used to wake up in the middle of the night and hold her nostrils tight until she woke up
from lack of O2 and adjusted her sleeping posture. :D
Sleeping on a separate bed wasn't an option 'cos she wanted to keep an eye on me 24/7 ;) :D

dom14
9th June 2017, 06:22 PM
Stopped working nights worked for me. I'm not jumping out of bed, but I'm not dragging my ass out either.

Did the conversation we had last year helped somewhat? :)

Either way, great to hear you did that mate. No good usually can come out of long term graveyard shifts, unless of course you're born with the different circadian rhythm than most.

I also got a mate in his fifties to switch from night to day work and he's lot healthier and his missus is happier.
Few extra dollars may not worth it unless it is a desperate situation, 'cos fair bit of extra money can end up with the doctors. :)

dom14
9th June 2017, 06:25 PM
I used to wake up all fresh and chipper every day.
Now I get 5 hours of broken sleep because of a crying baby and am tired all the time. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You'll be alright mate. There's no way around it. Babies mean you've got to suffer the first coupla years. ;)

dom14
9th June 2017, 06:34 PM
I'm 66 and if I just wake up thats enough to keep me going all day. On the good side, our kids have all left home now so it's usually a good uninturrepted sleep and straight into it in the morning. I wake at 6am and get straight on with it. Ill reverse the original question though and say that if I go back to bed, energy and enthusiasm go back to bed and stay there for the day. So its wake up and get up for me.

Yeah, I have no arguments. There has to be a certain degree of induced motivation by sheer "will power".
Not everything that is good for our body and mind ain't necessarily enjoyable all the time. Good eating habits is a good example.
Stuff that is good for us don't necessarily taste good. :)
At the same time, if we have to do it 5 out of 7 days a week, then something probably is not right physically, even mentally.
I get three to four days in a row that sometime I struggle until midday with my energy and alertness. Experimenting with diet and natural stimulants like guarana, gingseng etc atm. Coffee is good, but I get to the point I have to increase the dossage to the point it irritates the stomach lining. Drinking crap load of water in the morning definitely does help. It's the task of finding time to take a leak every hour is the real challenge. :D

MB
9th June 2017, 07:55 PM
Dom mate, we can all try and eat/water healthy as much as we all like, which is a very very smart idea for keeping the noggin (brain) in good stead! Eventually we all say get a genuine 'Man Flu' yet must find a way on the day to rise above that will to let it beat us and fair dinkum seize 'our' day!

Turtle_au
10th June 2017, 10:31 AM
I think it's really more about what is ahead of you than behind. Something to look forward to, a change of routine, bugger the diet get something special for lunch.
"THIS IS ABOUT ME".

Softy
10th June 2017, 04:50 PM
Replace that rb30 GQ with a ZD30 GU... That will make life worth living even more!

dom14
10th June 2017, 11:54 PM
Replace that rb30 GQ with a ZD30 GU... That will make life worth living even more!

Whaaaart??!!! I ain't doing that! I've seen enough of trouble with ZD30. It's an engine with rocket science built into it.
(Nobody knows when and why it fails :) )
I'll be sticking with TD42 when or if I switch to diesel. It won't matter to me that it's an old school engine. :D

jay see
11th June 2017, 12:47 AM
Did the conversation we had last year helped somewhat? :)

Either way, great to hear you did that mate. No good usually can come out of long term graveyard shifts, unless of course you're born with the different circadian rhythm than most.

I also got a mate in his fifties to switch from night to day work and he's lot healthier and his missus is happier.
Few extra dollars may not worth it unless it is a desperate situation, 'cos fair bit of extra money can end up with the doctors. :)

Nah mate. I've been wanting to do it for a while. Just fell in to routine and it was easier to not to change.

What really made me change was that they were cutting one day and it wasn't worth doing nights at that money.

I'm now earning about $100 a week less and everyone is happier and no need for those pills that we spoke of.

garett
11th June 2017, 05:32 PM
wake up to a new born screaming a couple times a night.. coffee never tasted so good

Avo
11th June 2017, 05:49 PM
i think i have something wrong with me......i did 4 years perminate night shift.....now i am into farming as a manager...i seem to wake up before the birds...woke up this morning at 4.53 am after staying up till 11.30pm...yes i wanted to go fishing but i do this without an alarm,got up into it,up n down rocks,then came back had brekkie with family and took daughter out in boat once they all woke up...shit i was fishing for about half an hour before i even heard the birds starting to chirp.............................
i think i have bird brain...........and i think i am a lucky one that is a morning person............

dom14
13th June 2017, 01:04 AM
wake up to a new born screaming a couple times a night.. coffee never tasted so good

That is why I will be adopting a partially grown up child from a poorer country. ;) :D

dom14
13th June 2017, 01:06 AM
i think i have something wrong with me......i did 4 years perminate night shift.....now i am into farming as a manager...i seem to wake up before the birds...woke up this morning at 4.53 am after staying up till 11.30pm...yes i wanted to go fishing but i do this without an alarm,got up into it,up n down rocks,then came back had brekkie with family and took daughter out in boat once they all woke up...shit i was fishing for about half an hour before i even heard the birds starting to chirp.............................
i think i have bird brain...........and i think i am a lucky one that is a morning person............

Sounds like your'e a partially nocturnal bird to me. ;)