PDA

View Full Version : TD42i injection pump question

Cuppa
2nd June 2017, 04:48 PM
I’ve been told that the pre intercooler TD42’s have a small small basket filter under the banjo bolt on the IP & it has been suggested that if my pump has the same it would be cheap insurance to carry a spare, together with a couple of copper washers, in remote areas, as if it blocks up it can cause painfully slow progress.

I believe I have identified the banjo bolt in question. (see pic). Can anyone confirm that the TD42i has one of this little basket filters? mudski Any chance you can find the part number Mark?

notguru
2nd June 2017, 05:30 PM
although being a great idea, youll find that this is a last resort filter and your attention is probably best spent filtering the fuel before it gets to this point

mudski
2nd June 2017, 06:32 PM
Yeah they do mate. I don't sell them but Patrol a Part do. They not expensive. Probably a good thing to put away next to the fuel tank putty hey mate.

Cuppa
2nd June 2017, 07:44 PM
although being a great idea, youll find that this is a last resort filter and your attention is probably best spent filtering the fuel before it gets to this point

My further reading since making the OP suggests that the main purpose of the gauze filter is to catch fibres which come off the stock fuel filter & plus any internal 'breakdown' of the hose between filter & & gauze. As it is I have a CAV type filter fitted inline before the stock filter. Plenty of debate as to whether it matters if the gauze basket is fitted.