PDA

View Full Version : Nissan powder coating

michaelgreeny
29th May 2017, 11:33 PM
G'day everyone.

Couple of questions:

Is it possible to powder coat an exact match to Nissan colour codes? Looking for code KYO

Cheers

MB
30th May 2017, 06:43 AM
G'day Michael, I'm not sure they can work off our codes for colour matching mate. Had my old custom ute pod done by a reputable mob in Melbourne. They simply spent quality time in the carpark matching it with their colour steel swab type plates and it came up very close. Mind you I believe white/white match would be a hell of a lot easier than others to fudge close enough. Good global powder brands are: 'Dupont' & 'Akzo Nobel' if you want to Google their ranges for stock colours and they can be mixed by pro's too at a cost usually.

my third 256
30th May 2017, 07:35 AM
have a chat to your local arb dealer ans find out where they send their bull bars for painting before they are installed
only reason i say this is my neighbour had a bull bar done by them and had to send it out to get painted before fitting here in adelaide

threedogs
30th May 2017, 11:32 AM
They have plenty of colours to choose from ask to look through their colour charts

in4m3
31st May 2017, 02:33 AM
What's the cost of powder coating a bullbar, nvm.
got way to many other things to do first. :D

my third 256
31st May 2017, 06:38 AM
depends if it has to be stripped back or not

threedogs
31st May 2017, 10:08 AM
G'day Michael, I'm not sure they can work off our codes for colour matching mate. Had my old custom ute pod done by a reputable mob in Melbourne. They simply spent quality time in the carpark matching it with their colour steel swab type plates and it came up very close. Mind you I believe white/white match would be a hell of a lot easier than others to fudge close enough. Good global powder brands are: 'Dupont' & 'Akzo Nobel' if you want to Google their ranges for stock colours and they can be mixed by pro's too at a cost usually.

there are more than 50 shades of white I think from polar white up to Diamond white and the 48 in between
What colour are you after Im at the powder coaters all the time asking questions

threedogs
31st May 2017, 10:12 AM
What's the cost of powder coating a bullbar, nvm.
got way to many other things to do first. :D

$80 to $100 better if you get the old powder burnt off its cheaper than sandblasting.
But sand plasting give it a better surface to "stick" ,,,them think of a coat or two of
clear coat to prevent chips etc. $200 should see you with a great looking 2nd hand
bar that looks better than brand new

threedogs
31st May 2017, 02:39 PM
Also if you get it sandblasted and you require extra light bar brackets or
antenna brackets you want as extras even driving light brackets weld
them on then sand blast them then,, they are good to go.
Remember also,,,Nissan are made to a price so pretty sure the colour
would be off the shelf so to say. Good luck with it