PDA

View Full Version : What size bolt?

Throbbinhood
29th May 2017, 01:41 PM
Weird question, but I seem to be missing the bolts that go where the baby seats are meant to clip in. It's a 93 GQ LWB RB30.

Anyone know what size bolt/thread it's supposed to be? She's going swimming soon and I'd rather not have a fountain coming in through the back.

dom14
29th May 2017, 11:11 PM
Sounds like you've been busy mate.
No, I don't have a clue about the baby seats(I've never been a baby ;) )
I'm sure few blokes with toddlers or who used to have babies before they outgrew them know the exact answer. :)
Cheers

P.S. I'm sure baby's thriving at super fast growth phase and walking around the house by now. :D

my third 256
30th May 2017, 07:43 AM
any place that sells baby seats will have the bolt as an extra or just put a bung in it ar cork of tape

mudnut
30th May 2017, 11:28 AM
I just use a bit of sikaflex to seal the hole. I leave a few threads clean so I can just screw in the bolt if the anchor points need to be used. After the deep river crossings a few years ago, when I had to lift the carpet, I found a more holes than I could poke a stick at. I spent a long time sealing them and the edges of all the plastic screw inserts.
I even glued some rubber discs over the holes in the top of the sill panels and up the pillars. I also used some small food containers as junction boxes to seal off the loom plugs under the front passenger seat and also the wiring and relays used on the air compressor under the rear passenger seat.

threedogs
30th May 2017, 11:40 AM
IT should be either 10mm v 1.25 pitch or 12mm x 1.25 pitch, you can determine the length

Throbbinhood
30th May 2017, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you've been busy mate.
No, I don't have a clue about the baby seats(I've never been a baby ;) )
I'm sure few blokes with toddlers or who used to have babies before they outgrew them know the exact answer. :)
Cheers

P.S. I'm sure baby's thriving at super fast growth phase and walking around the house by now. :D

Yeah mate, always something going on in this crazy life! Yeah, the young fella is growing too quick! Almost walking.. Time flies!

Throbbinhood
30th May 2017, 12:32 PM
any place that sells baby seats will have the bolt as an extra or just put a bung in it ar cork of tape

Good thinking cheers mate

Throbbinhood
30th May 2017, 12:33 PM
I just use a bit of sikaflex to seal the hole. I leave a few threads clean so I can just screw in the bolt if the anchor points need to be used. After the deep river crossings a few years ago, when I had to lift the carpet, I found a more holes than I could poke a stick at. I spent a long time sealing them and the edges of all the plastic screw inserts.
I even glued some rubber discs over the holes in the top of the sill panels and up the pillars. I also used some small food containers as junction boxes to seal off the loom plugs under the front passenger seat and also the wiring and relays used on the air compressor under the rear passenger seat.

Yeah I was thinking that, but figure I need the bolt anyway if I decide to move the seat or when number two comes along. I like your thoughts on the wiring/food containers etc. She's normally fairly water tight, at least for what I've done in her, but saw the bolt missing so figured I'd sort it out.

Throbbinhood
30th May 2017, 12:34 PM
IT should be either 10mm v 1.25 pitch or 12mm x 1.25 pitch, you can determine the length

Absolute gun mate, thankyou!

abw
30th May 2017, 12:38 PM
Mines a GU, but I needed some longer bolts in the back, including the baby seat anchors. I can't remember the size but after visiting a nut/bolt supplier, he found a strange mix of metric fine thread and UNF (American fine thread). Not sure what Mr Nissan was thinking?

nissannewby
30th May 2017, 09:32 PM
They are UNF. 5/16 UNF I believe