PDA

View Full Version : Intro from Col and Krystle (chevrod username)

Chevrod
26th May 2017, 10:39 AM
Good morning and hello to all. My name is Col and my wife is Krystle and have 3 young kids. I have a 1986 MK Deluxe wagon that I bought around 2001. It still has its original SD33T although has had some repair work over tge years. Factory 5spd wide wheel pack and side steps. I did remove the factory spare wheel carrier but has a different bumper mounted unit. It has the factory suspension seats still fitted. Options added since buying is Safari snorkel 160lt long range tank 8 inch Sunnies custom made overhead console the modified wheel carrier and we altered the bullbar. I just recently got it back on the road and it is my daily ride to work as well as for playtime haha. Currently starting to go back over everything and replacing what's needed. Next mission is rebuild the swivel hubs then probably steering arms etc. I also have a new turbo to throw at it when I get the chance.. I bought a ht18 to chuck on it and also toying with intercooling it. All i can say is I am very happy to have the old girl back on the road as she is a tough old girl and still in quite good nick considering its age. Look forward to talking with you guys and maybe some roadtrips along the way .

DX grunt
26th May 2017, 10:54 AM
G'day Col and Krystle.

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Touses
26th May 2017, 10:58 AM
Hello to you both. Welcome!

mudski
26th May 2017, 11:38 AM
Welcome Col. Nice Patrol too. I love that model. I had a MK deluxe shorty with all the fruit the deluxe models have. But stupid me sold it as I needed fund when we were building a house and we didn't end up using that money. You think the guy would sell it back to me? This was maybe 17years ago too. I'd still have it today i reckon if I never sold it. Still my favorite Patrol.

Chevrod
26th May 2017, 11:56 AM
I love the options they threw on them. Suspension sests are awesome. I need to do body mounts on mine but still rides well. I prefer how it feels over some of the coil sprung. I must admit.. I did very seriously consider letting it die a natural death and upgrading.. but to be honest it didnt take that much to get back on the road and really is wway to good to wreck. It is straight abd has very little rust in it so decision was made to keep it and spend my money replacing what needs and upgrade components as required. Love the old girl.. very little pn them to fail.. no engine managment etc and I know what it's capable of. Mum n dad have photos of it going through 1100mm of water which looks amazing 😁

4bye4
26th May 2017, 12:00 PM
G'dfay and welcome to the forum.

Chevrod
26th May 2017, 12:14 PM
Welcome Col. Nice 1st dry Patrol too. I love that model. I had a MK deluxe shorty with all the fruit the deluxe models have. But stupid me sold it as I needed fund when we were building a house and we didn't end up using that money. You think the guy would sell it back to me? This was maybe 17years ago too. I'd still have it today i reckon if I never sold it. Still my favorite Patrol.

Sorry mudski.. my last post was in answer to your comments but I didn't tag you.. I'll get used to the forum soon haha

threedogs
26th May 2017, 12:53 PM
Hello to you both and welcome to the forum, jump
in anytime you like and enjoy

Dhuck
26th May 2017, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MudRunnerTD
26th May 2017, 05:44 PM
Welcome mate. Where in Australia are you located? Look forward to seeing your car.

AB
26th May 2017, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
27th May 2017, 07:05 AM
Welcome aboard Col and family!

Clunk
27th May 2017, 10:00 AM
Welcome aboard Col & Krystle, it's a good community here so hope you enjoy

Chevrod
27th May 2017, 08:32 PM
Welcome mate. Where in Australia are you located? Look forward to seeing your car.

Hi mate, thanks for the post. We are from Gippsland

AB
27th May 2017, 08:56 PM
Hey Col,

We are doing a trip to Licola Wilderness Village near the end of July for a snow trip.

We're glamping with families and kids and everything in between and you are more than welcome to jump on it.

Very family orientated trip and we'll go out and find some fluffy snow to 4wd in and kids to muck around if you're keen.

Link below if you're interested mate.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?39946-Licola-snow-trip-weekend-of-21st-to-24th-July-Need-numbers&p=728689&posted=1#post728689

JackCollo
27th May 2017, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the forum guys look forward to maybe joining you on a few trips

jay see
27th May 2017, 10:11 PM
Welcome aboard guys.
Love the old cars matter what they are...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk