PDA

View Full Version : Source radiator hoses.

Cuppa
23rd May 2017, 09:35 PM
I want to buy a set of hoses to carry as spares in my car. Only ones I can find online are $177! Must be stuffed with cocaine or something!

Hoses are available everywhere for TD42, but those for the TD42i seem rare.Patrolapart don't list them.
Surely

Any TD42i owners bought radiator hoses? Where did you get them? How much. Quality?

Avo
23rd May 2017, 09:42 PM

MB
23rd May 2017, 11:18 PM
G'day Cuppa, best to ring PatrolApart in the morning mate. They will surely have them for you. Websites are glitchy things and with hundreds if not thousands of parts available for our Trols would cost a bomb to employ full time web developers to upload/update etc.... Their new premises/showroom has bagged up kits on the shelf as best I remember.

nissannewby
24th May 2017, 12:16 AM
Mackay do hoses for them cuppa. Good quality too. Just checked on partsouq.com they advertise price for top and bottom hoses at around $70AUD plus shipping but currently not showing stock.

Carmarka.com advertise slightly cheaper prices but unknown on stock levels.

Bottom hose #21503VD000
Top hose #21501VD000

nissannewby
24th May 2017, 12:27 AM
These guys list them.

http://www.allfourx4.com.au/epages/shop.mobile/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/allfourx4/Products/HK212

They have Terrain Tamer stickers in the advert so would even be worth trying Terrain Tamer themselves.

jff45
24th May 2017, 07:44 AM
In the meantime, just carry a roll of Tommy Tape

MudRunnerTD
24th May 2017, 08:41 AM
Good job Matty.

Once you source your new hoses you should fit them and maybe take the opportunity to change you coolant if you haven't and then store your old hoses as the spares. I'd do the belts too and keep the old ones as spares. Touring on old hoses and belts and carrying news is backwards to me.

threedogs
24th May 2017, 11:21 AM
mudski would have Gates Pt No for you.

Cuppa
24th May 2017, 04:59 PM
Thanks folks.

I got impatient & phoned the local Nissan dealer.......... now I know why I’ve never been there! They wanted $256 for the top & bottom radiator hose, & said they’d need to order them in. One from Melbourne, the other from Queensland somewhere!

Whilst in town today I called into Bursons. They sold me the pair for $125. Mackay Hoses. Still a lot of money for a couple of hoses but it was just something I wanted out of the way.

When did the intercooler TD42 get introduced. I’m thinking maybe they are less common than I thought, hence the higher prices than other TD42’s?

nissannewby
24th May 2017, 07:28 PM
End of 03 cuppa.

The bottom hose is the killer as its quite long and has quite a few bends in it.

Wizard52
27th May 2017, 06:15 PM
Hi Cuppa
Suggest take some various sizes of hose to replace heater hoses as well as they will be harder to find.
Saw a cruiser on the Gibb with spare top and bottom replacements but nothing to replace his split heater hose.

threedogs
27th May 2017, 06:27 PM
for the $$$$ they want for an air con belt Id wind the windows down till I got home
its not essential IMO but it is comforting but not life threatening

Cuppa
27th May 2017, 08:32 PM
for the $$$$ they want for an air con belt Id wind the windows down till I got home
its not essential IMO but it is comforting but not life threatening

We were travelling in mid 40’s temps for some time in our bus. The air con wasn’t in good shape & I had removed the belt & pulley to get to something else & hadn’t bothered to replace it. Consequently we became quite accustomed to your suggested solution. Opening the window just allowed more hot air in, BUT by keeping the windows shut until we were hot & sweaty, opening the windows still had quite a cooling effect. We managed like that for several months. Probably just as well we like camping by ourselves! :)

Cuppa
27th May 2017, 08:35 PM
Hi Cuppa
Suggest take some various sizes of hose to replace heater hoses as well as they will be harder to find.
Saw a cruiser on the Gibb with spare top and bottom replacements but nothing to replace his split heater hose.

Thanks Wiz, I have a couple of lengths of heater & fuel hose.
Btw, it’s now looking possible we may be up your way later in the year during our ’shakedown trip’, so don’t be surprised if you get a phone call out of the blue from me. :)

Wizard52
2nd June 2017, 09:07 AM
Thanks Wiz, I have a couple of lengths of heater & fuel hose.
Btw, it’s now looking possible we may be up your way later in the year during our ’shakedown trip’, so don’t be surprised if you get a phone call out of the blue from me. :)

Hi Cuppa

Plenty of room here so hope to see you. Fraser is great in September before school holidays and October after school holidays.