PDA

View Full Version : brake pad help!!

malaw78
30th April 2011, 05:02 AM
G'day everyone!

Need help on what type / part no. brake pads for a 92' gq diesel patrol 7 seater? Been given this beast for pretty much nothing (even with rego!!) but the catch is i got to replace the front/rear pads and she's mine!! This is my first fourby and without a manual ( been lookin' but most places are outta stock) i don't know what i'm looking for? The only other info i got out of the owner is that it's disk brakes all-round.

any ideas would be helpfull thanx!
malaw78 (mark)

growler2058
30th April 2011, 08:01 AM
Sprint auto parts or auto pro or repco should be able to match it for you mate you will just need to tell em all the specs eg what year what motor youll find all on the compliance plate under the bonnet And gday welcome aboard mate

YNOT
30th April 2011, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the forum Mark, GQ 4.2 diesel is one of the best Patrols to have so sounds like you've done well. When you get a minute drop by the introductions page and tell us a bit about yourself and the Patrol.
The south east QLD forum members are very active with regular trips and get togethers so check in on the forum regularly to see what's coming up. Some of us are also members of the Qld Nissan Patrol club.

With regards to your brake pad question I would stick with Bendix 4WD pads, available from any Repco store.
Part numbers;
Front; DB321
Rear; DB1146

Tony

growler2058
30th April 2011, 08:03 AM
Onya Tony u got a good memory hhahaha

YNOT
30th April 2011, 08:20 AM
Onya Tony u got a good memory hhahaha

Bendix have an online catalogue, my memory is shocking!

Tony

Bigrig
30th April 2011, 08:29 AM
G'day everyone!

Need help on what type / part no. brake pads for a 92' gq diesel patrol 7 seater? Been given this beast for pretty much nothing (even with rego!!) but the catch is i got to replace the front/rear pads and she's mine!! This is my first fourby and without a manual ( been lookin' but most places are outta stock) i don't know what i'm looking for? The only other info i got out of the owner is that it's disk brakes all-round.

any ideas would be helpfull thanx!
malaw78 (mark)

G'day mate - as Tony stated, we are fairly active in SEQ with trips (one coming up on weekend of 28th May), so PM me if you're interested in coming along for a day, the weekend, whatever suits and I'll add you to the list - easy going, no pressure bunch with varying ranges to ability for both drivers and trucks, so would be great if you were able to join in .. the more the merrier!!

Dhuck
30th April 2011, 09:11 AM
welcome to the forum mate

Bob
30th April 2011, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the Forum. Join in and enjoy.

timbar
2nd May 2011, 02:50 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Maxhead
2nd May 2011, 07:50 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:21 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul