PDA

View Full Version : Rear drawers

belzi82
17th May 2017, 08:17 PM
Hi all,
Has anyone purchased these?? Are they good quality or cheap and nasty??

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/products/rear-drawers/rear-drawers/titan-rear-drawer-wings-suitable-for-nissan-patrol-dx-st-sti-st-s-illuminator-4m-max-led-strip-light.html

AB
17th May 2017, 08:25 PM
Hey Belzi, hope you are well...

My sister in law to be has them in her GU and although bloody heavy they have been through hell and back with hay bails, dogs and general punishment for a couple of years so far and they've been fine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belzi82
17th May 2017, 08:29 PM
Hi AB,
I am great thanks. Been a few years and now getting back into 4wding.
Okay, I guess a trip in Lilydale is on the cards to check them out!
B

MudRunnerTD
17th May 2017, 08:31 PM
Yeah cheap but good enough. I'd buy them if I needed them and I Hate Supercentre with a passion.

belzi82
17th May 2017, 08:33 PM
Yeah cheap but good enough. I'd buy them if I needed them and I Hate Supercentre with a passion.

Yeah I hate them too. They have tried to rip me off several times but I cant find drawers any where else cheaper.
Thanks.

Rossco
17th May 2017, 08:35 PM
Hey Belzi, Wow absolutely crazy cheap, i reckon i probably spent nearly twice that in materials building mine out of ply wood ! ! Yeah cheap as chips but they certainly do the job, dont think they'll fall apart too quick. . .

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Mc4by
17th May 2017, 08:57 PM
I have them in my Patrol and can't say a bad word about them. Keep my valuables locked up when I am not there.
The wife and I have even slept on top of them on occasion.

katwoman
17th May 2017, 09:10 PM
Same here. I have them and other than Weight theyre fine. Dont use the fridge slide but that's just me, I also paid double

belzi82
17th May 2017, 09:10 PM
Are they pretty easy to install??

TPC
17th May 2017, 09:17 PM
I can't understand how they can make them that cheap, I paid 5 times that price for my Black Widow drawers.

gubigfish
17th May 2017, 11:14 PM
I can't understand how they can make them that cheap, I paid 5 times that price for my Black Widow drawers.

3 words

Made in China

and a few more for good measure bulk orders placed with the Chinese manufacturer

jay see
17th May 2017, 11:27 PM
I got mine for $375, but no freebies. As for the install, pretty straight forward mate.
Just be prepared for a long wait after you order.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

katwoman
18th May 2017, 02:03 PM
I got mine for $375, but no freebies. As for the install, pretty straight forward mate.
Just be prepared for a long wait after you order.

And don't forget to remove the Jack before u Bolt in the side wings [emoji16]

jay see
18th May 2017, 03:04 PM
And don't forget to remove the Jack before u Bolt in the side wings [emoji16]

Or the 3rd row seat belts.

JME_GU
18th May 2017, 09:50 PM
I have a set in my GU and a mate has a set in his GQ. They are really good value for money but:
* They weigh 85kgs which is seriously heavy
* The drawers only slide out about 80% of the way, they use roller bearings instead of drawer style runners
* The fridge slide only slides out about 80% of the way, and it can't be swapped to the right side
* Buy yourself a cordless screwdriver, there are literally hundreds of screws to do up
* They can be tricky fitting if you have a rear cargo barrier, consider getting some adhesive rubber strip to go between the drawers and the cargo barrier to prevent squeaking noises
* Be careful when fitting, they have really sharp edges
* The rear seat belts can be left in, the drawers go in around them. On the other hand, once fitted the seat belts are not much use
* I trimmed the metal around the jack cover so I can still access it
* FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY - I didn't and had to remove the tops to fit the drawer stoppers
* Use loktite on the screws, they seem to come loose easily

In spite of all the above, they are really good value for money

belzi82
19th May 2017, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I will go and have a closer look at the display stock.
I have my rear electrics wired into where the wings go so will see if I can modify to enable me to still access this.