PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Maverickv8

Maverickv8
17th May 2017, 07:08 PM
Thought it was about time I introduced myself having been a member for a while but haven't had much to say. I have however on occasion looked for information and your postings have been a great help. It's nice to know sometimes that I'm not reinventing the wheel and many others have experienced the same problems or upgrades.
My interest in Datsun/Nissan products goes back to the late '70's and a 240Z. Since having the first one of these I've owned a couple more, but one day I ended up with an NA Pajero, went 4WD'ing and the rest is history.
About 2001 I purchased a Maverick and over many years I did a lot to it, not the least of which was the V8 conversion as the name suggests. I was pleased to have built the motor and done all the extra work. The only part I didn't do was the welding of the engine mounts. If you saw my welding work you'd know why I had someone else do it. I still have the Maverick but it doesn't get used much these days.
About 4 years ago I purchased a 2007 GU with the intention of keeping the mechanicals reasonable standard but adding lot's of additional creature comforts. I never planned to do serious 4WD'ing with this car but I wanted it for towing and have some capabilities in case I went somewhere and wanted to go off the track a bit. As a daily driver I didn't want something noisy and uncomfortable.
At this stage I have my list of final accessories to add and I hope to have that finished in the next few weeks, I will then enjoy driving it and get stuck into the 300 other jobs to do on the list around the house!

Cheers to everyone and thanks for providing this as a forum for owners.

Maverickv8.

MB
17th May 2017, 09:49 PM
Welcome aboard mate!

Dhuck
18th May 2017, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
18th May 2017, 07:11 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
18th May 2017, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum if towing with the Gu dont forget to strengthen the shock towers
other than that enjoy

4bye4
18th May 2017, 04:56 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.