PDA

View Full Version : HPD boost controller or Dawes and needle

JackCollo
15th May 2017, 06:12 PM
Hi guys just wanted to pick some brains about this one. I'm currently running the HPD manual boost controller but was thinking about making the switch to Dawes and needle valve set up.
Opinions??
Pros and cons

Cheers guys

Wilburnator
15th May 2017, 07:03 PM
I haven't used the HPD one, and being a relative novice on diesels I installed the Dawes/needle setup from Mudski and was very simple to install and tune.
So far it's been great, have tweaked it here and there for optimum performance, but it's great being able to control the spool up rate of the turbo. I have mine set to spoil pretty quickly and it's really punchy through the gear changes as a result.

Unfortunately can't compare to HPD, but very happy with the Dawes/needle though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock Trol
15th May 2017, 11:17 PM
I have a HPD boost controller on my car as well as a needle valve from Mudski. The Daws and HPD do the same thing which is limit the amount of boost. Adding the needle valve will allow you to control the spool up rate of the turbo which will make the car more drivable.

threedogs
16th May 2017, 05:58 PM
Just give mudski a PM he has some specials on atm

mudski
16th May 2017, 07:00 PM
Just chuck a needle valve in mate and save your coin. Unless its giving you issues, then stay with it...