PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Brakes

marzy1470
12th May 2017, 08:40 PM
Hi all, I have a 1998 4.5ltr petrol wagon and have for the first time had a go at replacing brake pads. I am now 1 week in and for the life of me i cannot bleed the rear brakes to the point ive tried vacum bleeding,gravity bleeding old fashioned pump the brake style whilst cracking the bleeding nipple and i CANNOT seem to get one drop thru to the back brakes using those methods but when i crack the brake line join to both sides near the rear diff and get someone to give a pump i get oil. Its just doing my head in. ANY HELP PLEASEEE. Cheers brett

BillsGU
12th May 2017, 09:40 PM
Did you bleed the LPV?

dads tractor
12th May 2017, 09:47 PM
start with one person to pump slowly on the brake pedal with a second person filling the reservoir up and you opening the bleeder in order bak left bak right front left front right . If no result fill res and crack lines on master cylinder and start again . and what Bill said .

marzy1470
13th May 2017, 01:22 AM
No I didn't bleed the LPV. Is that a procedure that must be done before attempting to start bleeding the rear brakes? And as I don't know anything about the lpv how do I bleed it?

marzy1470
13th May 2017, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the advise, once I crack the lines on the master cylinder do I leave them cracked open then proceed to bleed in order or close and bleed again. Probably a silly question but I need to solve this before the handbrake is released and let it roll away.

dads tractor
13th May 2017, 08:35 AM
close and bleed on the master

marzy1470
13th May 2017, 10:47 AM
Apologise but I'm not sure by what you mean by close and bleed on the master ?Only new to the joys of blending disc brakes. Also do I bleed the lpv and how do I do that. Finding the tutorials on video a bit unclear but more then likely it's my lack of understanding the procedure

marzy1470
13th May 2017, 11:51 AM
No I didn't bleed the LPV. Is that a procedure that must be done before attempting to start bleeding the rear brakes?And as I don't know anything about the lpv how do I bleed it?

dads tractor
13th May 2017, 12:46 PM
Got to bleed the master so it pumps fluid ,then next do the load valve and then in order back left, back right, front left, front right.