PDA

View Full Version : GU 06 4.2Ti TD05 upgrade

JohnCam
11th May 2017, 02:39 PM
Hi, new to the forum.
Thinking of doing a TD05 turbo upgrade.
I already have cross country intercooler, 3 inch exhaust, 4inch snorkel. Has anyone done this upgrade and if so any issues. Turbo is UFI 18G 25 pound boost from United Fuel Injection.
Cheers
Johnny.

Hodge
11th May 2017, 02:43 PM
Have a read of this mate.
Very informative from start to finish. And great results too.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=38704

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Stropp
11th May 2017, 03:05 PM
Hi, new to the forum.
Thinking of doing a TD05 turbo upgrade.
I already have cross country intercooler, 3 inch exhaust, 4inch snorkel. Has anyone done this upgrade and if so any issues. Turbo is UFI 18G 25 pound boost from United Fuel Injection.
Cheers
Johnny.

i have a 16g 16lb boost well worth it, same intercooler etc

JohnCam
11th May 2017, 06:30 PM
Stropp, thanks mate. Sound like you have it set up well. At the moment its blowing 19 psi standard turbo 119kw. Good power but EGT gets up to 550 towing Jaco camper up hills to the point where I have to nurse throttle in 3rd. How are your EGT's towing or flogging it up hills. Don't want to have to worry about EGT. Will the 18g lower EGT? No use having the torque if I can't use it.

Stropp
11th May 2017, 10:52 PM
Stropp, thanks mate. Sound like you have it set up well. At the moment its blowing 19 psi standard turbo 119kw. Good power but EGT gets up to 550 towing Jaco camper up hills to the point where I have to nurse throttle in 3rd. How are your EGT's towing or flogging it up hills. Don't want to have to worry about EGT. Will the 18g lower EGT? No use having the torque if I can't use it.

You may have to go the Ufi fan and hub setup, it's helped mine a bit, what diff ratio you running?

JohnCam
13th May 2017, 09:45 AM
Stropp. Sorry for late reply. Long day at work. Pretty sure diffs are 3.9:1. First time on any forum so trying to work my way around it.
Apologies if I stuff something up. How much boost is yours running, how many klms have you done with the 16g and have you had any dramas, oil leaks etc?