PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Riyadh - Nismo Edition Patrol

Muhammad Atif Rahi
11th May 2017, 05:33 AM
Good Morning, Gentlemen.
Just wanted to let everyone know that this is a very useful Forum, with lots of practical advice.
I'm more of a hard core Sportbike Rider, & bought my vehicle to match some semblance of acceleration with the practicality of hauling my wife & 3 small kids around town. And so far this vehicle has not disappointed.
Regards From The Bad Doctor,
Atif.

Dhuck
11th May 2017, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
11th May 2017, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GQtdauto
11th May 2017, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it .

Winnie
11th May 2017, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, that's a nice car I would love one.

4bye4
11th May 2017, 09:45 AM
G'day and welcome to the forum mate.

gubigfish
11th May 2017, 12:24 PM
Why can't nissan release that over here..... What additional things have they done to it compared to factory Y62

MITTS
11th May 2017, 12:52 PM
Welcome mate, the spoilers on that Y62 make it look much better than stock, nice looking car

Muhammad Atif Rahi
11th May 2017, 06:24 PM
Thank you for the welcome & the love, Gentlemen.
The Nismo Edition of the Nissan Patrol is tuned at their Takumi factory for 428 HP & 560 Nm of torque at 5800 rpm, with a 0 - 100 KPH of 6.0 seconds, if I remember correctly.
The Salesman who sold me the vehicle says he's heard rumors of Nissan coming out with a 500 HP version of the Nismo. I can only hope & pray that Nissan goes this route. However, the company has announced that they'll increase their Nismo offerings in the future, but I believe that this may be for the USA market only.
Currently, the Nismo Edition of the Nissan Patrol (Y62), is only available in the UAE or Saudi Arabia.
While the increase in horsepower for the Nismo is only about 40, compared to the base 5.6 litre V8, the torque delivery & the way that horsepower is distributed across it's power band has enabled me to surprise a few road users in the free for all, no holds barred streets of Riyadh.
Have a great day & upcoming weekend, Gentlemen !
Best Regards From The Bad Doctor,
Atif.

Muhammad Atif Rahi
11th May 2017, 06:36 PM
Addendum Nismo Patrol (Y62) :
In addition to the engine, the suspension on the Nismo Edition of the Nissan Patrol is Bilstein & the steering in more responsive, which makes a tremendous difference on the streets.
I didn't know how to edit my post, to include this info in my post, in response to a member's questions.
Thanks & have a great day !
- Atif

Muhammad Atif Rahi
11th May 2017, 07:51 PM
Correction :
600 Nm of torque & 0 - 100 is stated as 6.5 seconds.

happygu
11th May 2017, 09:04 PM
Love the Nismo Muhammad .... if only we paid the same for a litre of petrol as you guys do, we in Australia would all love to have one ... The equivalent to Australian $0.33 cents per litre is pretty cheap.

If Nissan is listening, time to bring out the diesel.

MB
11th May 2017, 09:42 PM
Welcome aboard from abroad mate!

Clunk
11th May 2017, 09:46 PM
Very nice looking Y62, got any vids of it flying fown rge road?...... Oh and welcome aboard mate

Muhammad Atif Rahi
12th May 2017, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the kind words.
No videos yet, but I'll try to post one once I can get someone to record a decent video.
Best Regards From The Bad Doctor,
Atif.

growler2058
13th May 2017, 03:11 PM
G'day Atif, welcome aboard mate. They're a good mob here fulla great info and advice