PDA

View Full Version : Gutless patrol!!

Mack7379
6th May 2017, 07:22 AM
Hi everyone hoping to find out an issue with our patrol, bought it privately with 295' on clock the owner said he rebuilt engine himself with other mechanic at a nissan shop 4000km ago (2003 ) model when I drove home I noticed the auto gears were holding on way way too long before changing
First stop transmission service and check was givin all clear twice! Then still no change took to a 4x4 shop they did rocket gasket as it was leaking took my daws and needle valve off and replaced maf and booster sensor , gone from 9boost to now 13boost but boost was spiking up and down so went to another 4x4 shop as car was running beautiful straight roads but could not do hills or incline was getting super high over 3500 rpm and only do 40km max 😣 not good so they checked vacum hoses did belts and tensioner replaced battery still nothing changes and gears on transmission still getting stuck in low gear up hill so went to fuel spec they fitted another daws and needle valve to keep boost at a steady 13 drives good but again no power uphill or at take off too i should mention could this be injectors or pump not blowing any smoke at all fuel consumption is normal and filter has been replaced still can't get to the bottom of this anyone had problems with a power loss only on hills or take off ??? Could really do with some help coin running short now

GQtdauto
6th May 2017, 09:09 AM
So many things can affect the performance even exhaust size , probably the best way to go is a Dyno because it will tell you exactly how bad / good the thing is compared to standard and may even give a few clues as to remedies.

Mack7379
6th May 2017, 09:36 AM
Hi yeh thanks for your reply we did put it on dyno 3 times already believe it or not 🤔nothing except just less on power then should be somewhere the engine is not getting the power it's needs when under load like overtaking or hills or take off no codes have come up on anything including transmission scan