PDA

View Full Version : New Heart For Pigtrol

Dhuck
3rd May 2017, 09:07 PM
Does any one in the Brisbane and surrounds have a TB42 (carb or efi prefer the latter) laying around they wish to dispose of?

AB
3rd May 2017, 09:43 PM
There was someone down here in Mexico who had one, who was that???

I know there is freight but I'm sure we can help with that old mate.

I can't remember who but there was someone here a while ago who had a good tb42 sitting around, anyone???

Ben-e-boy
4th May 2017, 02:51 AM
Did you try Killa customs

Dhuck
4th May 2017, 07:01 AM

I can't remember who but there was someone here a while ago who had a good tb42 sitting around, anyone???

See how we go mate. Cheers.

Nope but will give them a go.

mudski
4th May 2017, 09:14 AM

Irish was it?

NissanGQ4.2
4th May 2017, 07:37 PM
I'd sell ya mine if I was closer but its probably just as bad as yours 2 fix :(

Good luck

Dhuck
4th May 2017, 08:22 PM
Irish was it?

Cheers mate. Will send him a pm.

Dhuck
4th May 2017, 08:24 PM

Will give them a call. Is that the Gympie mob?

Maxhead
4th May 2017, 08:53 PM
Good luck with it facker , hope you get it sorted mate,
I'll keep an eye out my way

................on the road

Ben-e-boy
5th May 2017, 01:15 AM
Will give them a call. Is that the Gympie mob?

Yeah but he is shutting up shop and moving back to brissy.

Dhuck
9th May 2017, 08:23 AM
Have picked up a motor and gearbox for $500. Head looks reasonably new head. For the first time since owning the truck I will have a working fifth gear. Now I just have to fit it.

happygu
9th May 2017, 01:32 PM
That sounds pretty good Dhuck.

I would be pretty happy with that pickup.

Dhuck
9th May 2017, 06:29 PM
That sounds pretty good Dhuck.

I would be pretty happy with that pickup.

I am mate. Just got to get it in and find the electrical gremlin in the ignition. I got no gauges or spark.

GQtdauto
9th May 2017, 06:58 PM
I am mate. Just got to get it in and find the electrical gremlin in the ignition. I got no gauges or spark.

Big job ahead of you but great bargain on the motor and box , maybe some elec guru here can help with the gremlins.

Dhuck
10th May 2017, 12:15 PM
Big job ahead of you but great bargain on the motor and box , maybe some elec guru here can help with the gremlins.

Will be looking at the power on the weekend. Need to start at the ignition.

NissanGQ4.2
10th May 2017, 04:52 PM
Hey Dhuck whats the go with the electrics? did you drown it for the motor and gearbox 2 go bang as well as electrics?

Dhuck
10th May 2017, 07:13 PM
Hey Dhuck whats the go with the electrics? did you drown it for the motor and gearbox 2 go bang as well as electrics?

No mate. I have no idea at the moment. I have lights no spark or gauges on the dash.

GQtdauto
10th May 2017, 08:33 PM
You don't have central locking by any chance Dhuck ? My GQ has it and occasionally it will do that to me but I've learned how to fix it with the fob .

Dhuck
11th May 2017, 07:03 AM
You don't have central locking by any chance Dhuck ? My GQ has it and occasionally it will do that to me but I've learned how to fix it with the fob .

No mate. When I got the old girl, anything fancy was taken out. Even floor covering.

davo94
11th May 2017, 04:58 PM
make sure all the earths are fitted to the engine.

Dhuck
11th May 2017, 07:04 PM
make sure all the earths are fitted to the engine.

First thing I did.

When it did not have starting power I looked at the few things that have stopped me in the past and all was good. Then there were to many beers under the belt. As stated in an earlier post, I will start at the ignition and make sure there is power coming out and check fuses and fusible links before there are to many beers under the belt. Still have to work out the new engine install. Anybody feel like doing it for me? lol

garett
11th May 2017, 09:19 PM
i'll swap the engine you put in my retaining wall and paving :P

Dhuck
14th May 2017, 01:54 PM
i'll swap the engine you put in my retaining wall and paving :P

All good mate. Trying to give up physical labor.

Dhuck
14th May 2017, 01:56 PM
Happy days. Have sorted the electrical gremlins. Now just need to install the engine and gear box.

TPC
14th May 2017, 08:12 PM
Happy days. Have sorted the electrical gremlins. Now just need to install the engine and gear box.

What was the problem???

Dhuck
15th May 2017, 08:31 AM
The wiring for the ignition had been modified and can't remember what it was. Got that sorted. Then fuel pump wasn't working. That came down to the connector on top of the fuel tank. Got that working.

Irish
3rd June 2017, 09:24 AM
Sorry guys, haven't been on in a while and only saw this thread now.