PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the UK

micken
2nd May 2017, 06:51 AM
Hi all, I've previously picked up odds and ends from here following searches relating to my Terrano, which is a 2004 ZD30. Thought I might as well join and be able to chat.

Cheers,

Mick

MB
2nd May 2017, 06:52 AM
Welcome aboard Mick!

AB
2nd May 2017, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhuck
2nd May 2017, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

GQtdauto
2nd May 2017, 02:57 PM
Welcome aboard and yes feel free to ask questions .

4bye4
2nd May 2017, 02:59 PM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.

micken
4th May 2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the welcomes guys. I've got the Terrano in bits right now waiting for NADS mods and a few other bits and pieces.

Daveyboyjunior
4th May 2017, 05:07 PM
Welcome Mick!!!
This is the place to be!

Granty
4th May 2017, 08:26 PM
Welcome aboard buddy

micken
11th May 2017, 08:33 AM
Just dropping in to let you know that I've not forgotten about you all. Still have my truck in bits and working my way through the NADS steps. I've made a bracket for a Provent 200 and sorted the plumbing for that. Boost gauge feed tapped into intercooler, as is weld bund on dump pipe for EGT thermocouple. Dawes boost control valve and spool up needle valve ordered.

I intend to initially run it with just the Provent 200 on the standard VNT actuator solenoid to see what boost and EGT are doing. I'll then do an EGR block and set up the Dawes controls for spool up and boost. I have a feeling that I'll need to replace the IC but I want to see if there's a reduction in soot emissions first. If that all looks good then I'm intending to add a snorkel and modify the air filter system so that it breathes better.

Hopefully I can get the engine running the way I want it and if so I'll sort out the underside, which is in fantastic condition for its age and is the main reason that I took a punt on the vehicle.

Cheers,

Mick

growler2058
13th May 2017, 03:13 PM
G'day Mick, welcome aboard mate. They're a good mob here fulla great info and advice