PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to learn more about my Patrol!

Seyko
29th April 2017, 01:19 AM
Hi, my name is Steven and I'm from Brisbane. I own a 2010 Nissan Patrol 3.0CRD, I brought the 4wd back in 2014 and it was the best move I made from a BA XR6. It was bone stock and that's what I wanted, first mods from TJM Brendale were electronic rust protection, injector module and throttle controller both by Torqit. The guys at TJM convinced me to get the injector module instead of the chip as they wanted to see the performance boost it had as it was designed for a ZD30 Di models. After they installed I went to pick up the truck and guys faces and reactions were priceless! They were surprised with the power gain it had produced. I still haven't had it tuned or dyno'd (maybe in the future). Following those mods, I realised I needed more aggressive tyres so I put on a set of Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3 equivalent size too 33's. Next was exhausted 2.5" from the turbo back straight through from high flow cat. After a little bit I researched and thought it was time to block the EGR and so I did. From here on it'll be Dawes and needle valve, bigger intercooler, custom air intake and snorkel. But I want to learn more about these cars and motors, I haven't been more happy and I defend these motors. It has served me well and haven't had any major issues with it. So yeah my bad for my life long story but I thought I'd share my journey so far with you guys and hopefully you can share yours. See you guys around!

Oh yeah clutch upgrade too, Exedy Heavy Duty with single mass flywheel.

Dhuck
29th April 2017, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. See you got the manual. Hope you hang around.

GQtdauto
29th April 2017, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the forum .

Addy
29th April 2017, 03:15 PM
Welcome mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

growler2058
30th April 2017, 10:09 AM
G'day SteveO welcome aboard mate. Gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice even more than the manual!