PDA

View Full Version : Paint Colours are a Mystery!

Boinzo
20th April 2017, 10:02 AM
Hi All.
So my 2015 GU is colour coded KYO G on the plate. Now I know that's "Platinum Silver" (or something) exterior and Beige interior... But ....
How do I turn those into something that I can get in a touch-up pen? I know there's some websites for touch-up paint but they seem totally weird to me.

The exterior I'm less concerned with - there's eBay stuff for that which seems easy enough to source.

But it's the interior I want to deal with most. I'd really like 3 touch-up pens - the Beige, the Frosty Silver (on the door trims etc), and the black.
I got a pillar pod in there (which didn't fit and need some cutting) and it scratched so easy trying to install it that it has black flecks on it that I'd like to fix.
I also got some scratches on the silver especially after touring with stuff on the back seats and it moving around.

I've done heaps of searches here - but I don't feel any wiser on where and how to actually buy some pens!

Any advise gratefully accepted.

threedogs
20th April 2017, 10:50 AM
I brought some touch up pens from the UK very good colour match for me
Too far back to find the link but will have a search for you,,,,,,,,,,,lol

I used this on the horn pad and centre dash facia with great results

PeeBee
20th April 2017, 11:59 AM
I simply went to Nissan Spare Parts counter and ordered a small bottle of touch up paint. They asked for VIN and paint colour from memory. Took a couple of days to arrive, but all good. Also, a local paint shop mixed up some paint for me off the Nissan description and part number, but they were an automotive paint supplier shop.

Boinzo
20th April 2017, 12:36 PM
Awesome! Thanks dude. I'll give that go. Dunno why I didn't think of that though....

I simply went to Nissan Spare Parts counter and ordered a small bottle of touch up paint. They asked for VIN and paint colour from memory. Took a couple of days to arrive, but all good. Also, a local paint shop mixed up some paint for me off the Nissan description and part number, but they were an automotive paint supplier shop.

shantillylais
29th July 2017, 10:25 PM
Boinzo I am just doing a pillar pod at the moment, and mine has to be cut also. Looks like mine has to go OVER the existing one, perfect fit that way, and also the pod doesn't have the attachment clips. My question, although not paint related, is how did you get the wires, boost "tube" and thermocouple lead down between the 2 "covers". Of course, that is assuming yours went over the existing one. Hoping I dont scratch mine when shaping ..... LOL. cheers Lana