PDA

View Full Version : Fat Airbox?

Boinzo
12th April 2017, 05:25 PM
Hi All.
I know these are most often on a TD42 motor - but has anyone been able to install a Fatz Box on ZD30 CRD? I know this would mean some way to deal with the MAF ...
I'm just curious. Fat are saying is doable. But it's a chunk of money so I don't want to discover after it arrives that it won't fit and won't work...
I have a stock Nissan Snorkle. Fatz are saying that's fine - I would just need to cut out the hole in the guard to 4".
Thoughts? I you have managed it on a ZD30 - how is it?
Ta!

BigRAWesty
13th April 2017, 01:54 AM
It can be done.
Simply cut the square flange off the front of the maf housing and place a bit of silicone tube between the air box and maf housing..
Not recommended though for Di as the maf sensor is pretty critical and the inline filters / mesh screens soften the air over the maf.
Crd doesn't seem to be as touchy but you may get some limp issues with maf voltages spiking under hard acceleration..
Nothing a remap can't fix though..

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

threedogs
13th April 2017, 11:22 AM
just a thought when I was upgrading my air intake, was told
incorperate a "hump" silicon hose into the system just saying

Boinzo
13th April 2017, 02:03 PM
What the hell is that mate? Sounds dirty....
;-)
Also - what did you end up with Threedogs? I know you did a lot of investigation. What has been your results? Any improvement in economy?
Ta!

just a thought when I was upgrading my air intake, was to
incorperate a "hump" silicon hose into the system just saying

threedogs
13th April 2017, 02:29 PM
What the hell is that mate? Sounds dirty....
;-)
Also - what did you end up with Threedogs? I know you did a lot of investigation. What has been your results? Any improvement in economy?
Ta!

Havent been well enough to fit it, I have a spare MAF here I'd like taken out a bit.
But one from an Opel fits just check ebay cheaper than say HPD doing the same thing,
You'll see those silicone hoses with a hump on them, suppose its for surges etc
just type in silicone hump hoses on Ebay,,,puter playing up for link

finally worked http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Silicone-Hump-Turbo-Hose-70mm-2-75-Black-/180624782739?hash=item2a0e137593:m:mSnmYmDbZXSzdDZ THcqHrVA