PDA

View Full Version : Returning Patrol owner

MrWasabi
9th April 2017, 12:36 AM
Howdy all,
So i just bought myself a 99 model TD42T GU patrol and my cheeks are hurting from smiling the whole way home.
I had previously owned a 98 model 2.8 back in 2004 until i cracked the head and got rid of it soon after that.
After that i ended up with a TD5 Land Rover, owned that for a few years and then moved on to smaller cars and motorbikes, like Golf GTIs, Kawasakis etc.

Sold all that and bought an 80 series LC, which did me very well for the last couple of years, but the old girl was petrol and she had a drinking problem. After costing me over $1000 in fuel to get to QLD and back (im in NSW) towing 2 tonne, i decided it was time to let her go and i was on the hunt for something new. 6 months of researching all options (i am brand agnostic, so long as it fits my needs) and finally decided on either a 100 series LC with a factory turbo and give up my live front axel, or a TD42T or TD42Ti... the intercooled was just out of my reach so settled for this and i couldnt be happier.

Lucked out with this one i reckon, one previous owner who hardly used it and it shows. 270k on the clock and only one little dent on the rear door to show for it.
Anyways Hi, been lurking for a while and there seems to be a lot of clever people around here so figure id join up!

GQtdauto
9th April 2017, 04:39 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for coming back from the dark side.

MB
9th April 2017, 07:55 AM
Welcome aboard mate, the TD42T will serve you well, congratulations!

Hodge
9th April 2017, 07:55 AM
Welcome aboard mate. Nice choice of rig buddy!

Dhuck
9th April 2017, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

threedogs
9th April 2017, 02:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forum,,, enjoy

AB
9th April 2017, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrWasabi
9th April 2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I have a bunch of questions AB some being answered with searching but some not so much, just looking where to post them to haha

threedogs
10th April 2017, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I have a bunch of questions AB some being answered with searching but some not so much, just looking where to post them to haha

Just post up your questions in the right mechanical section.
There are no silly or stupid questions here, ask what you like
all will be answered regardless,,,lol

4bye4
17th April 2017, 11:27 AM
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.