PDA

View Full Version : Redarc EGT/Boost Gauge

stevemc181
7th April 2017, 10:21 PM
Hi All,
I am going to install my Redarc boost and EGT gauge tomorrow, along with a few other bits and pieces. Can anyone tell me where to pick up power for the gauge from? Redarc has this in the manual. The orange wire needs to be connected to an ignition wire that remains on when starting the engine
The plan is to use a fuse tap on one of the fuses in the lower drivers side dash, anyone know which one is suitable in a GU10 Patrol?
Cheers,
Steve

threedogs
8th April 2017, 10:04 AM
Not 100% but do ppl use the wiper fuse as a feed for their gauges

stevemc181
8th April 2017, 10:18 AM
Not 100% but do ppl use the wiper fuse as a feed for their gauges

I am about to go and start wiring it, and will have a look with the multimeter. Cheers.

threedogs
8th April 2017, 10:40 AM
I used a Tee piece in my Dawes set.....

stevemc181
8th April 2017, 07:21 PM
I ended up tapping into the 3rd fuse up from the bottom on the left (Engine Control 10amp) and just ran a 2 amp inline fuse from there. I am still waiting for the Redarc Enhanced Lighting controller to arrive so in the meantime I tapped into the dimmer switch (Rheostat) ( Grey wire from the Gauge to the Blue wire on the back of the switch, and the brown wire from the gauge to the pink wire on the back of the switch. All dims and lights up correctly. My lighting controller and map/boost adapter should turn up next week and I can finish it off along with installing the Tillix Boost controller and EGR blanking plate.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh486/stevemc181/Y61%20GU%20Patrol/IMG_4489_zps6kqdtdmi.jpg

Cuppa
8th April 2017, 07:44 PM
Great choice of EGT/Boost gauge. I love mine. You have the advantage of having dimming in your car, my DX doesn’t have that, & the ‘Enhanced lighting controller’ only gives a dimmed setting based on the non dimmed setting, meaning that if I set the brightness to be acceptable during the day, that dimmed when driving during the day (i.e.. with lights on) means the gauge is hard to see. I just flick the lights off momentarily if I want to look at it. Despite this minor whinge, I reckon it’s one of the best things I’ve bought from the car. These days I tend to drive to that gauge more than the rev counter. Btw In answer to your question about where to pick up power - I cant remember what I used. :)

Hodge
8th April 2017, 09:23 PM
For Dimming of my Redarc gauge I tapped into the negative of the factory dimmer. Works as it should.
As for ignition. I tapped into the IGN constant wire for the wipers.

stevemc181
14th April 2017, 07:32 PM
I installed the Enhanced lighting controller (GA-ELC) today and changed the wiring around a bit to suit. I've left the ignition power the same as above (Tapped into the Ignition Control Fuse, 3rd up from the bottom on the left in the drivers side footwell fuse box) I have then run a wire from the centre console ashtray light, positive side to the grey wire on the gauge and GA-ELC. Joined the brown from the gauge to the brown on the GA-ELC. The two yellow wires from the GA-ELC, I have connected to the dimmer switch (The Pink wire and The Blue with black stripe) The rest is self explanatory, black to earth etc. All working, ok, but haven't been able to set it to have different colours for night and day. Probably something in the way I am doing the gauge programming, but I really don't want different colours anyway, so long as the dimmer works well I'm happy.