PDA

View Full Version : New to the chat

lugga9
1st April 2017, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone Aidan here from Darwin NT, we are just about to pack up here and drive to far North Queensland. To start our new adventure.
We are going to pretty much just camp in our pop up tent along the way.
If anyone has any good spots to stop in at please share would be much appreciated.

Recently we purchased a 60W power film foldable solar blanket, the guy in the shop said it would ran a 60L engel fridge/freezer. I was just thinking of using it to top up the auxiliary battery when we stop at places.
If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears

Cheers Aidan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
1st April 2017, 02:21 PM
Hello Adrian and welcome again, seeing you'll be driving most of the time this 60watt panel
may work if not a little under done. You could be pulling up to 6 AH from a 60ltr Engel if
opened and shut a lot, a 60watt panel may only be putting 4-5 AH back into your system.
I have used an 80 watt panel with my 40 ltr Engel but I only use the engel for food I have
an ice box for drinks, might want to start another thread to get some answers,
lucky bugger I love Darwin

GQtdauto
1st April 2017, 02:56 PM
I'm actually thinking it might be enough but barely just , 250 watt solar per battery is what you need if you want to be covered for cloudy days and intermittent shade , trouble is that requires a bit of realestate on your rig .

growler2058
1st April 2017, 03:48 PM
G'day Aidan welcome aboard mate

MB
1st April 2017, 03:54 PM
Welcome aboard Aiden!

Dhuck
2nd April 2017, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
3rd April 2017, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Granty
4th May 2017, 09:30 PM
G'day and welcome to the forum Aiden

Mc4by
4th May 2017, 09:49 PM
Welcome Aiden