PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down at 3000-3500 tom

Patrol grub
19th March 2017, 02:40 PM
Hi all have been complaining to local dealer at last two services (last being major) about low power and bad soot at all revs. Was told nothing wrong. ZD30 CRD motor. Have done some research and found that a number of things can contribute. Not running catch can but soon will be. I have cleaned MAF and found the hose going to the top of the boost controller was split. Obviously a grade mechanics at my local dealer as it was the first thing I noticed. This to has been replaced by myself. Will look at replacing injectors and fuel line soon. After replacing said hose and cleaning MAG sensor used liqui Molly MAF cleaner. At 3500rpm it like rev limiter is kicking in any ideas please. Have reset computer.

threedogs
19th March 2017, 02:44 PM
Buy yourself a Scan-gauge first off, You really need gauges
with these ZD30 motors to see what the heck is going on

Maxhead
19th March 2017, 03:04 PM
Sounds like your TPS( throttle position sensor) is stuffed. I had a similar issue with my old Patrol.
Your description is a bit different to mine where I would have no power early in the rpm range,
Spray some contact cleaner in your pedal tps and see if it makes any difference .
I had mine replaced under warranty

Patrol grub
19th March 2017, 03:15 PM
Buy yourself a Scan-gauge first off, sounds to me like low boost
You really need gauges with these ZD30 motors to see the heck is going on

Yeh got one on the way cheers for your help.

Patrol grub
19th March 2017, 03:17 PM
Sounds like your TPS( throttle position sensor) is stuffed. I had a similar issue with my old Patrol.
Your description is a bit different to mine where I would have no power early in the rpm range,
Spray some contact cleaner in your pedal tps and see if it makes any difference .
I had mine replaced under warranty

Thanks Nisshead just had this replaced in a recall had it done and passengers side air bag recall done thanks for you help mate. Waiting for scan gauge then will work from there.

threedogs
20th March 2017, 01:20 PM
Patrolgrub any up date on your problem???

Warwick89
20th March 2017, 01:34 PM
ZD30 CRD motor. At 3500rpm it like rev limiter is kicking in any ideas please. Have reset computer.

3500rpm?? is it normal for us CRD owners to have revs that high? mine would be going crazy if i used that much throttle.

threedogs
20th March 2017, 01:50 PM
3500rpm?? is it normal for us CRD owners to have revs that high? mine would be going crazy if i used that much throttle.

Once in a while it wouldn't hurt to give it a rev out?

Maxhead
20th March 2017, 04:42 PM
I never change gears under 3500rmp or very rearly...lol. 4000 is my normal gear change rev range

...........on the road

Warwick89
20th March 2017, 11:33 PM
I never change gears under 3500rmp or very rearly...lol. 4000 is my normal gear change rev range

...........on the road

Manual or auto? I have an auto and i would rarely get above 2800, 3000-3300 if I'm really pushing it.

Patrol grub
21st March 2017, 06:19 PM
Patrolgrub any up date on your problem???
Yeh I disconnected the battery again and left it off for until this morning just to make sure the computer reset and it seems to have worked. I had it off for well over an hour the day I did the work but apparently that wasn't long enough.

Patrol grub
21st March 2017, 06:21 PM
Ok never had the issue before I did another reset of the computer and now reving to 4000 clean as has done before but this is good to know cheers for your input appreciated mate.

Patrol grub
21st March 2017, 06:25 PM
Manual or auto? I have an auto and i would rarely get above 2800, 3000-3300 if I'm really pushing it.
I have auto and it goes to 4000 easy have seen it get over that before but backed off real quick. Drive it like you stole it I say. Besides if it goes bang then the misses won't hesitate in a power upgrade. Got to see the good side of everything I suppose. 😂😂👍

Patrol grub
24th March 2017, 03:15 PM
Well after a week of running around the issue has popped its little head up again. Had my mate from carline put his scan tool on and no errors and everything seems to be ok ie rail pressure at 116000kpa on accelerating air flow I think was around 53lit/min on idle so back to the drawing board on this one. Only thing I didn't check was boost pressure. Does anybody know what sort of air flow should be reading on idle
Cheer all.

threedogs
24th March 2017, 03:37 PM
Have you serviced the MAF sensor.
you could hook a temporary boost gauge up to see whats going on
using a patrol boost sensor adaptor
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quick-Fit-Boost-Reference-Adapter-Nissan-Patrol-ZD30-DI-CRD-QFBARefAdapt-/252749288684?hash=item3ad90814ec:g:AX8AAOSwsW9Ywbz A

Patrol grub
24th March 2017, 03:52 PM
Have you serviced the MAF sensor.
you could hook a temporary boost gauge up to see whats going on
using a patrol boost sensor adaptor
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Quick-Fit-Boost-Reference-Adapter-Nissan-Patrol-ZD30-DI-CRD-QFBARefAdapt-/252749288684?hash=item3ad90814ec:g:AX8AAOSwsW9Ywbz A

Ok cheers I have a scan gauge coming shouldn't be far away I spoke to Berrima diesel and they said to check fuel filter as at the revs I'm talking and the symptoms to them sounds like fuel starvation issues. Thoughts on this?

threedogs
24th March 2017, 03:58 PM
Are there any inline cage filters that can be inspected ??,
Ran a tank dry recently,??
I always leave 10-15 ltrs in my sub tank

Patrol grub
24th March 2017, 04:09 PM
Are there any inline cage filters that can be inspected ??,
Ran a tank dry recently,??
I always leave 10-15 ltrs in my sub tank

I usually do the same by filling up aroun 1/4 tank but did a trip a few weeks ago and got down a little to low gor me also last rank of fuel was Costco have you herd any bad reports about their fuel at all and no I can't locate any accessible filters. Appreciate the help it's doing my head in.