PDA

View Full Version : Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
27th April 2011, 11:29 PM
Hi everyone,

i am a new member. i started out on a new FJ shorty which I had to wait for six months from Toyota, had a new Defender 130 crew cab which i took around Australia, have had 3 GQ LWB Patrols, 1 Maverick and currently own a 93 GQ EFI manual and a 03 4.8 manual dual cab which is an incredible tow car.

The GQ's were sold at about 200,000 Km to friends, the last one I thought I would drive till it dropped. It just won't die having done almost 500,000 Km ( always maintained and serviced ) I put a new clutch in it at 380,000 Km.

I do now have a problem with the GQ which I use as a work vehicle and tow vehicle. The nose torque steers to the left under power, back off and it steers back to the centre. It does not pull under normal driving. It has Nolathane bushes throughout and I have installed all new springs and shockers, which does seem to reduce the problem a bit, the tyres are cooper ST and 90%.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Bob

Finly Owner
28th April 2011, 12:20 AM
Hi an welcome to Nissans Nut House Bob

Tim

Darwin Bound
28th April 2011, 12:57 AM
Hi Bob...not heard of the pulling to the left issue under power, will keep an eye on your thread, am interested to see what others think. Hope you get some results mate, good mob here I am sure someone will help out. Welcome aboard!

timbar
28th April 2011, 01:17 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard join in and have fun mate plenty to do see and if u have any problems just ask and im sure u will get an answer ENJOY and WELCOME

Tim

Clunk
28th April 2011, 02:31 AM
G'day Bob, welsome to the forum....... unfortunately I don't have an answer for you but I'm sure that some one will come along who does.

growler2058
28th April 2011, 05:27 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard they're a good friendly mob here full of useful info and advice

katwoman
28th April 2011, 06:11 AM
Welcome Bob. You'll find what you need here.

Bob
28th April 2011, 06:42 AM
Welcome Bob Join in and enjoy

AB
28th April 2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Bob, you may want to ask this question under another category as a lot of people don't read the introductions section.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

YNOT
28th April 2011, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the forum Bob.

Have you checked the steering components (steering box, drag link, tie rod, king pin bearings) for wear?

Tony

Bob the Builder
28th April 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the advice

AB
28th April 2011, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the advice

Good to have another local too Bob, Haven't had many local's to my area.

Dhuck
28th April 2011, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Bob

patch697
3rd May 2011, 06:38 PM
To all new members & those member who have joined in the last 4 months I'd like to introduce myself

Hi all my name is Paul (patch697) & I am the Super Moderator here on the forum. I have been away for a spell & there will be a lot of new members who haven't met me yet so I'd like to extend a worm welcome from myself to you all & if you have any question or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you all enjoy the forum.

Cheers
Paul

Maxhead
3rd May 2011, 06:49 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate