PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust upgrade

Wilburnator
10th March 2017, 10:07 PM
Looking at a possible exhaust upgrade on the ZD30 CRD, and just wondering what others have done...

I have fitted the Dawes and needle valve kit, with significant improvements in the power and egt dept. (Thanks mudski...) Have also fitted a catch can.

In all the experiences of those who have fitted one, I'm assuming a 3" is the general consensus??

Is there advantages to going with or without a muffler??

Will this help lower the egt further??

Thanks heaps [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

threedogs
11th March 2017, 08:20 AM
Have a look at the Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust that seems to work well on the CRD.
Have a think about ceramic coating the dump pipe as well,
a mod well worth the expense

oldbloke
11th March 2017, 12:03 PM
I have just fitted a 3" from 4wd action, fitted up well no worries, was harder to take the old one off. It is very quiet, no louder than the original.

ThefattymattymkII
15th March 2017, 07:44 PM
I have dea 3 inch exhaust with cat no muffler for the price $700 fitted I am pretty happy, it is a bit louder than stock, but does not drone at highway speed which I am happy with,

Wilburnator
22nd May 2017, 08:05 PM
I have just fitted a 3" from 4wd action, fitted up well no worries, was harder to take the old one off. It is very quiet, no louder than the original.

Did you notice much of an improvement in performance and fuel economy?

Wilburnator
22nd May 2017, 08:06 PM
I have dea 3 inch exhaust with cat no muffler for the price $700 fitted I am pretty happy, it is a bit louder than stock, but does not drone at highway speed which I am happy with,

I have been looking at these on eBay, did it make much of an improvement?

JackCollo
24th May 2017, 09:23 PM
I've got a full 3inch system from the turbo back no cat no muffler and noticed a change in throttle response, fuel economy, EGT temps and the motor seems to be breathing better.
I got mine made up by a mate for 600 bucks and worth every penny one of the best investments I made.

balwayne
5th June 2017, 08:49 PM
How's the sound since you have no muffler? Is it too loud?

JackCollo
6th June 2017, 10:35 AM
Yeah it's good it's not too loud. Only when it's cold it's a bit loud but other than that it's been perfect freeway driving is good.