PDA

View Full Version : Tail lights

Survivordan
6th March 2017, 11:55 PM
Hi, I have a problem. My tail lights don't work ! They are Led , reverse, brake and indicators all work , front parkers and headlights all work , no blown fuses and same stereo for years now . What could the issue be? Please help

my third 256
7th March 2017, 06:43 AM
broken wire
globe in wrong way they are polarity sensetive
check wireing at trailer plug
blown globe
also step over to the intro area and introduce yourself mate and you will get a lot more responses

GQtdauto
7th March 2017, 08:10 AM
Always nice to do an intro , do your dash lights work ?

threedogs
7th March 2017, 12:37 PM
Hello mate and welcome to the Forum , usually ppl will post an intro before asking a question polite and all.
No harm done just something the forum asks of us all.

My Patrol is full LED as well , what do you drive model year etc
Id be checking your trailer plug if you have one fitted

happygu
7th March 2017, 01:23 PM
If you have a towbar, and the associated towbar wiring harness which inserts in between the factory wiring and the tail lights, you will most likely find the wires in the extra towbar harness have broken, as they are way too thin and break easily.

Take a look at the harness near the tail lights to confirm.....

Survivordan
7th March 2017, 09:29 PM
Sorry guys new to this my name is Daniel and I have a Nissan patrol 4.5 l St auto Gu 99 model it runs on petrol and gas , gas being the main . I will research more and post some pics of it as I have decked it out to be a tourer/ hunting trip vehicle. Thanks heaps for the advice I will remove trailer plug altogether and see if this makes a difference , then rewire it back in . Again thanks heaps,

Survivordan
7th March 2017, 09:36 PM
Hi sorry Gqtdauto , yes my dash lights work I just checked. So far everything works but the tail lights that I can see thanks for yours and everyone's help

Survivordan
7th March 2017, 09:39 PM
Thanks heaps for the advice .

threedogs
8th March 2017, 10:10 AM
Thanks heaps for the advice .

Hi Daniel heres the intro section for you just click the link
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Look under the rear right hand side thats where the loom to the trailer plug
is.