PDA

View Full Version : Dem Brakes

FNqGu04
3rd March 2017, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys n Gals
I have a 04 Gu manual zd30
How can I improve the braking performance of my trol ?
tia
Craig

mudski
3rd March 2017, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys n Gals
I have a 04 Gu manual zd30
How can I improve the braking performance of my trol ?
tia
Craig

Many ways Craig.

A full bleed and freshen up of the fluid
New master cylinder and kit the calipers
Braided lines
TB48 brake upgrade, which involves, TB48 front calipers, master cylinder, rotors, backing plates and pads.
Hydro booster

Price goes up as you go further down the line. lol. I've done the TB48 brake upgrade and braided lines and when I had my car engineered the engineer commented on how good my brakes were.

Cuppa
3rd March 2017, 05:44 PM
Grooved/dimpled rotors with EBC Greenstuff series 6000 pads transformed the braking on my ute, & that was only on the front axle (drums on rear). One day I’ll get around to braided lines too.

mudski
3rd March 2017, 06:19 PM
Grooved/dimpled rotors with EBC Greenstuff series 6000 pads transformed the braking on my ute, & that was only on the front axle (drums on rear). One day I’ll get around to braided lines too.

I can't speak for the EBC pads, but I had the Bendix 4wd pads on and they werent real good. The brakes got hot real quick with these pads. I thought to try OEM pads, and they are much better than the Bendix 4wd ones.

Cuppa
3rd March 2017, 06:57 PM
I can't speak for the EBC pads, but I had the Bendix 4wd pads on and they werent real good. The brakes got hot real quick with these pads. I thought to try OEM pads, and they are much better than the Bendix 4wd ones.

Bummer, I was gonna try Bendix next time just ‘cos they are made local to me....... but I reckon I’ll stick with what I’m happy with.

garett
3rd March 2017, 07:24 PM
slotted rotors will help. slotted and dimpled yeah, pads i've used bendix no problems.

dom14
3rd March 2017, 09:01 PM
Many ways Craig.

A full bleed and freshen up of the fluid
New master cylinder and kit the calipers
Braided lines
TB48 brake upgrade, which involves, TB48 front calipers, master cylinder, rotors, backing plates and pads.
Hydro booster

Price goes up as you go further down the line. lol. I've done the TB48 brake upgrade and braided lines and when I had my car engineered the engineer commented on how good my brakes were.

Is this something you can achieve with an angle grinder & a high speed drill bit? :D

http://blog.modbargains.com/stage-ii-brake-upgrade-bmw-e46s/

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1360372-stainless-steel-braided-brake-lines.html

threedogs
6th March 2017, 05:46 PM
Is this something you can achieve with an angle grinder & a high speed drill bit? :D

http://blog.modbargains.com/stage-ii-brake-upgrade-bmw-e46s/

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w140-s-class/1360372-stainless-steel-braided-brake-lines.html

Not really but I had my OE disc's drilled on my motor bike many moons ago.
4 X slotted and dimple drilled rotors with green/black pads will cost you , or cost me $100 a corner.
Next I'll try some braided lines but it stops great as it is now.

dom14
7th March 2017, 08:41 PM
Not really but I had my OE disc's drilled on my motor bike many moons ago.
4 X slotted and dimple drilled rotors with green/black pads will cost you , or cost me $100 a corner.
Next I'll try some braided lines but it stops great as it is now.

I think I'm gonna give it a go.
I can try to achieve what's in the below picture with an angle grinder & a high speed drill bit. :D ;)
I'm also thinking I can roughen up the rotor face by rolling a handheld belt sander over it. :)

garett
7th March 2017, 09:20 PM
I think I'm gonna give it a go.
I can try to achieve what's in the below picture with an angle grinder & a high speed drill bit. :D ;)
I'm also thinking I can roughen up the rotor face by rolling a handheld belt sander over it. :)

do you like cracking rotors ? just buy the pre done ones its safer. somethings just aren't worth it

dom14
7th March 2017, 09:45 PM
do you like cracking rotors ? just buy the pre done ones its safer. somethings just aren't worth it

Of course. :)
I was just pulling my own leg. :D