PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguishers

pjg4wd
27th April 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi everybody,
I have a question, where do people put their fire extinguisher? I have bee told the best place on the cargo barrier with access vis the barn doors. Also, what size do you think is the best?

AB
27th April 2011, 08:38 PM
I'll have to get back to you re brand and exact size but I just have a small one mounted on the side of the rear drawers I made up in the back for easy access just in case.

The Cargo would be a good spot but you will just have to make sure you can get to it easily if you are fully loaded up on a trip with all your gear in the back thats all.

Finly Owner
27th April 2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah mine's in the front of my drawers.

Tim

YNOT
27th April 2011, 10:23 PM
1kg dry powder extinguishers are relatively cheap (around $25) so why not have more than one. I like having one mounted on the passengers side of the transmission tunnel in the front of the car, much faster to get at in an emergency.
I also have an extinguisher mounted on the side of the kitchen on my camper trailer.

Tony

04OFF
28th April 2011, 05:41 PM
I have two 1kg dry powder extinguishers, one lives in the drivers door pocket, the other is almost horizontal on the top rear of my cargo barrier.

My cargo barrier has a clear flap window, so you can also reach the extinguisher from the back seat side by just reaching through the flap , the flap is also handy when driving, as the kids can easy reach in and pass me drinks from esky ;)

the evil twin
28th April 2011, 08:11 PM
One in front of my rear draws so its the first thing you grab. Another on top of the gear storeage on my Camper Trailer and another going in front of the Pax seat when I get off my fat butt and fit it.

I have been seriously considering a larger one for the Camper tho prob a 2.5... but IMHO 1 or even 1.5 Kg jobbies are OK for the vehicle, any bigger and they aren't practical to store plus a fire that size you should probably be considering getting the hell outa dodge rather than getting up close and personal.

Bob
29th April 2011, 02:51 PM
My cargo barrier has a clear flap window, so you can also reach the extinguisher from the back seat side by just reaching through the flap , the flap is also handy when driving, as the kids can easy reach in and pass me drinks from esky ;)

Love your thinking