PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust then tune?

rusty00
22nd February 2017, 09:29 AM
Just fitted the Beau desert 2.75 exhaust and have found that it is now not burning like it did with the original exhaust.

It is a bit fumy and smelly.
It also is giving small puffs of black smoke and sooty at the tail pipe.

Will a remap or dyno tune fix this and is it normal for this to happen?

I was wondering also is it to do with the smaller muffler and one less muffler from original.

threedogs
22nd February 2017, 01:08 PM
It may be burning paint etc as it heats up, Go the remap every time.
Have you fitted a boost gauge yet or Scan gauge??

Hodge
22nd February 2017, 01:14 PM
I've now had 3 Beaudesert exhausts. Every time there was burning off for a few days. Paint , or gaskets or whatever coating they use ...
A good tune or chip after exhaust is always good as it can bring everything else in line with the better exhaust flow now.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rusty00
23rd February 2017, 01:11 PM
It may be burning paint etc as it heats up, Go the remap every time.
Have you fitted a boost gauge yet or Scan gauge??

I have the scan gauge which has a delayed reading so its not really accurate.
The Redarc gauge is going in early next week, boost, EGT and an extra port for auto temp.
Dawes valve ect in a week or so, so will get the re-map done after this has been set.

The smell is defiantly running in the exhaust paint ect.
It is fumy with more noticeable diesel fumes, think the re-map will fix that.

How much is a re-map and where is a good place to go near Springvale?

Scan gauge went from 14/15 LPH to 33 as a read out. This is not true when I fill up.
It use to read around 24 for first drive of the day and drop to around 14/15-16 after 10 min.
Now it reads anywhere from 30+ to 70 and settles out to 17 after 10 min on the same root.

Rock Trol
24th February 2017, 09:57 PM
If you think the diesel fumes are more noticeable then a remap won't fix it. The oem exhaust has a catalytic converter in it. Does the new exhaust have one? If not then that's probably the reason. You can get hi flow after market cats but not sure how affective they are compared to the oem cats.

rusty00
26th February 2017, 06:12 PM
If you think the diesel fumes are more noticeable then a remap won't fix it. The oem exhaust has a catalytic converter in it. Does the new exhaust have one? If not then that's probably the reason. You can get hi flow after market cats but not sure how affective they are compared to the oem cats.

It has the cat in the exhaust, might be a smaller one.

threedogs
1st March 2017, 03:42 PM
Has your exhaust settled down yet??
is your boost gauge fitted yet that may tell some stories??