PDA

View Full Version : Hi there, I just broke my dads Patrol... O_o

GU_NZ
16th February 2017, 07:30 PM
Said to me that his keyfobs went through the wash years back, so I was an awesome tech stripped the keyfobs, cleaned them up with IPA, replaced the batteries (Which he said they also did), and lo and behold, there was life in the remote locking. Ephedrine rush was full on.

Was amazing, so I moved the truck around a few times, dropping off what I'd been using it for during the day. Went to lock it and it "locked", but the drivers door didn't lock. So I got to trying to figure out what was going on.

Before long I found myself with a locked drivers door again, but then it wouldn't unlock. So here I am stuck, with a drivers door that doesn't open any more, internal latches go back and forth with the remote, and by manual, but alas, no unlocked latch. Key doesn't even unlock the drivers door.

I'm doing awesome, so awesome... ;)

4bye4
16th February 2017, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate......and guess what? You are not the first to have this happen. Hopefully somebody will help soon, I haven't had it happen to me but have read a few threads on here about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GU_NZ
16th February 2017, 07:49 PM
Thanks, and yes, I notice that it's not uncommon... Too bad I wasn't aware before I shut the door and locked it :D

Clunk
16th February 2017, 07:51 PM
Can you open it from the inside? if not then have a looksy here and laugh at Growlers expense, I know I did hahahahaha

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36743-Now-The-Drivers-Door-Wont-Open!!!&highlight=door+lock

Dhuck
16th February 2017, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

GU_NZ
16th February 2017, 09:23 PM
Can you open it from the inside? if not then have a looksy here and laugh at Growlers expense, I know I did hahahahaha

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36743-Now-The-Drivers-Door-Wont-Open!!!&highlight=door+lock

Na, can't open it at all. I'll have to look at it tomorrow morning and post up a proper analysis of it's troubles.

Read that thread and laughed nervously in some portions. Helped out though having the shot of the inner door panel, as now I know where I'm tunneling to if all else fails. :)

It's an ST, and I think it's out to get me for making it do any remote work at all. Must be a more tactile driven thing... I hopefully won't have be as tactile as growler though.

GU_NZ
17th February 2017, 06:49 AM
So, I sat on the net last night, for flipping ages, preparing for the worst, getting pictures and as much info as I could. Dad goes out to the truck this morning, not thinking about it being buggered, unlocks the door, and jumps in... Luckily the door wouldn't shut after he did.

So now, the bigger part of my troubles are done. It's now in the garage, door open, waiting for us to get into it.

On a side-note, how the heck does this sub-tank crud really work? And how should it be used?

mudski
17th February 2017, 09:24 AM
Whats sub tank crud?

threedogs
17th February 2017, 10:46 AM
So, I sat on the net last night, for flipping ages, preparing for the worst, getting pictures and as much info as I could. Dad goes out to the truck this morning, not thinking about it being buggered, unlocks the door, and jumps in... Luckily the door wouldn't shut after he did.

So now, the bigger part of my troubles are done. It's now in the garage, door open, waiting for us to get into it.

On a side-note, how the heck does this sub-tank crud really work? And how should it be used?

so now you have a patrol with the doors open and sub tank crud,,,,,,,,,life is good lol

GU_NZ
17th February 2017, 05:37 PM
Indeed... No cutting away at the inner door card necessary.

Now searched on the subtank, interesting piece of work that is...

Main thing is though that we've got open door access to the vitals rather than having to have a growler experience.